OLD BUILD HERE: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85778-thorns-of-the-invoker-gr95-in-depth-guide (with OLD video! Check it out for FULL OLD VERSION of the build!)
The build is less density dependent now but killing trash is still important!
1) Avoid fighting lonely elite/blues. You need to generate Thorns procs from BLOCKS. No packs = no blocks. Lure them into the packs of trash and let your area damage work for you.
2) Try to maintain at least 50% cdr and AS MUCH ATTACK SPEED as possible. The faster you attack, the faster you apply thorns damage/area damage through HACK and 2pc Invoker.
5) Since in density you will reset cooldowns fast with Akarat's Awakening, it is possible to sacrifice even more CDR for attack speed/all res.
5) RGs without adds will take more time to kill (less 2pc stacks).
6) Arcane/Frozen is bad as usual. Also skip Shielding and Illusionist.
7) Area Damage is pretty strong in this build. So i suggest sacrificing some CDR for AOE on weapon, and CDR/AS/AOE gloves would be great too, as well as AOE shoulders wtih CDR.
8) Thorns secondary rolls everywhere
9) As much all resist as possible
10) Watch for COE physical rotation. Never miss it.
11) Try to find balance between Life on Hit and CDR/Area Damage/Attack Speed. I personally recommend to have LOH on bracers/helm and weapon.
1) Decaying Strength instead of Invincible. Much more damage mitigation, but less recovery and lower DPS (lower attack speed). Recommended to use with paragon less than 1000-1500. Sometimes i get annoyed with frequent deaths and switch to Decaying Strength..The difference in survivability is HUGE.
2) Provoke - Too Scared to Run/Cleanse instead of Hit Me. More CCing of mobs, but less damage reduction. Better be used along with Invincible.
3) Bed of Nails instead of Provoke if you will use Akarath's Awakening + Pig Sticker/Hack and cube Blood Brother. This will compensate some damage loss from the Spiker/Provoke. Not as good as it was in 2.4.1 though
GR100 CLEAR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzdCxTnmeU0
subscribe for more videos: