I wanted to make a build without Archon for a long time, and finally with reworked Firebird it's possible to do some decent damage.
Archon still does more DAMAGE (as with ANY other build), but this is whole different approach.
This is almost like a monk build in fact, lol. We turn our primary skill into GENERATOR via Shame of Delsere belt and increase it's damage via Fragment of Destiny, Depth Diggers and Simplicity's Strength. So, Spectral Blades are our main damage dealer here, as well as source of recovery.
If you played DMO Spectral Blade build you will be instantly familiar with it.
We are using three fire skills to maintain 4pc and 6pc bonuses. We are recovering quickly because of massive Life on Hit and Simplicity's Strength combined with insane 100% increased attack speed. Also we are igniting and blasting elites to maintain 60 (orb)+60 damage reduction(6pc) and additional 60 via Halo of Arlyse. This is a lot of damage reduction here.
1) Always have Crystallize on, as well as Force Weapon, just watch it.
2) As soon as you see an elite, engage in combat and kick it with Flame Blades, as well as Explosive Blast and DON'T FORGET TO CAST APOCALYPSE as well! This will instantly ignite elite and provide 60% DR and full 2400% damage bonus. Don't kill elite yet
3) Let elite follow you and try to kill as much trash mobs as possible, just watch your 20 FB stacks. If elite is too far away, stacks will drop.
4) When you engage another elite, kill that previous "half-dead" elite.
PS: watch your FIRE rotaion on COE. Always have Explosive Blast ready.
1) Arcane Dynamo instead of Evocation or Unwavering Will, you will, however need to get more CDR\toughness on gear.
2) Rolling off some LOH to Damage (on WOH) or CHC on Bracers.
1) For Hardcore: Unity instead of COE. Huge DPS drop, but Immortality instead.
2) Deflection instead of Force Weapon. Nice solid option here without a huge DPS drop.
3) Blur instead of Evocation for example, but you will have to compensate CDR on gear.
I did 77 already, first attempt and shitty mobs/perendi with 0 augments and p1300. I test most builds without augments to see realistic power. If i'll augment gear it will be around 85 i think (+5200 INT with 80 lvl gems) in a really good rift. Who knows, maybe with +1000 paragons (around 2,5-3k) it can reach 90+?. There is a lot of damage reduction here, as well as DPS and recovery. This is my estimate, based on my personal experience, you are free to test it yourself indeed!
I doubt it will surpass Archon hybrid builds on the top end, but it has very nice damage, high damage rediction, melee gameplay and a tonn of fun as well.
subscribe for more videos:
more builds: http://www.diablofans.com/members/225321-angry_roleplayer/builds