This is an improved version of the MAX DPS WW build that i've used a lot in the previous years. It works so much better now with reworked Skull Grasp ring as well as greatly buffed Wrath of the Wastes set and Bul-Kathos mighty weapons. Pretty much solid for both solo and group t13 play. Also capable for speeding lower grifts of cause without much brain usage.
You can stack some toughness of you wish - Pride of Cassius, Veteran's Warning, Swords of the Ploughshares
Overall, cdr is not needed (unless you will be playing CDR-heavy spec with WOTB)
There are 3 decent ways to play WW in T13:
1) What you see here is my default no-cdr setup with COE. It does well in any rift, frees up CDR requirements on gear so you can stack IAS and damage or toughness.
2) In-Geom + WoTB (and Boon passive as well as, optionally = zodiac). The "old" CDR way to play. This will give you comparable damage and big cooldown smoothness. It's a great setup but you will need good rifts to chain-kill elites, otherwise you will not proc In-Geom much and it's potential will be wasted. It all requires decent gear and around 2 mill dps for T13. Otherwise you will simply not be able to kill elites fast enough. Zodiac is also not very good, as now things dies too fast and you will not proc it often. Keep in mind the whole rift usually takes 2-3 mins. This is as much as whole WOTB cooldown. Is it really worth it? Up to you to decide.
3) Avarice Band + Boon of the Hoarder. If you have the damage and only need more speed and more gold = this is the way to go. Solid option if you are augmented and fully geared. Also can be very effective for farming lower content such as t10 at the beginning of season for example.
1) Why is it SPEED KING? I can farm faster with my Charge/WW build!
Speed King is mostly about WHIRLWIND in general, it's a very affordable and reliable skill and way to be faster and more effective than almost any other barb build/setup out there, but of cause not the ABSOLUTELY FASTEST. Speed is not even the TOP priority here. It does not matter how fast you fly through the rift if things simply don't die fast enough as well.
It all depends on paragon, gear, rifts, augments, density, gear choices. Some builds, like Charge or HOTA ones, can stack more damage and instantly kill things in density, while you will still be spinning (Keep in mind, WW is channelling skill, there is not instant POP damage here, and never was).
Some WW variations can be faster than this exact build as well, but at the same time MORE DEMANDING in terms of gear, paragons and cooldown management. This build is balanced around good damage with affordable gear choices, good speed and reliable clear times even with bad density, no elites and low paragon.
2) Why there is no WOTB?
WoTB is great to have, but it simply is not mandatory anymore because the 6pc was buffed so much. Zodiac will be almost wasted as well because you don't hit much before things die, so it's like hitting air and proccing nothing. As for the WOTB setup = the classic WOTB build will still have to use in-geom, chain-killing elites, stacking cdr and using boon passive to cut the extra downtime. This is the only way to be relatively close to full uptime of WOTB. Is it really worth the investment for the rift that takes literally 2 minutes (as much as whole WoTB cooldown lol)? Not anymore to be honest. If you would still like to stick to WOTB = do it. It is still perfectly viable.
3) Why COE? Isn't SOJ better?
SOJ is really awesome, but how hard is it to get a really good SOJ? 20% cold, 50% chd 30% elite damage for example..? COE does absolutely the same damage-wise, but is a much affordable, cheaper option. This is one of the main reasons it's there as a default ring.
4) Why there is no Zodiac by default?
Zodiac will not help you much with cooldowns in a low-end content such as T13. Zodiac is king in fat density when you need to spin for minutes, but when things die so fast it loses it's effectivens and tbh cooldowns is not even a top priority at all for low-end content. It's more about speed and raw damage output. You can play with Zodiac if you wish, but it's not as good as before.
5) Why Pain Enhancer is there by default?
I am using Hurricane rune, so everything is pulled on top of me and so i am creating density from no density. This can actually be very helpful especially when damage is really low.
But of cause It's an open choice. There can be anything, wreath, botp, gogok. Everyone has their own choices here i believe.
FOLLOW & SUBSCRIBE + WATCH LIVE ON STREAM!