Hey boyz! Season One & Two - Rank 1 monk (world) here!
In my opinion/experience this build is currently one of the strongest possible monk setups for competitive group greater rift laddering & XP farming.
Please note: I always keep my diablo fans guides up to date and will be making adjustments to the guide whenever there is a shift in endgame meta! so be sure to check back, and vote on the guide!
Basic game-play strategy:
- Use Breath of heaven on CD
- Use Dash on a monster every 4 seconds
- Apply/Maintain static Discharge debuff on monsters with FoT
- Attack with WoTF during static discharge debuff (only in AoE, otherwise just attack with FoT)
- Use serenity when required
- Mystic Ally - Air Ally (it procs static charge quite a lot, best for max DPS - if playing with a SWK monk that already has transgression)
- Mystic Ally - Earth Ally (if you are having trouble surviving - if playing with a SWK monk that already has transgression)
- Serenity - Unwelcome Disturbance (it procs static charge quite alot, best for max DPS)
- Epiphany - Desert Shroud (if you don't like serenity)
Legendary Gem variations:
- Pain Enhancer - Swap out Bane of the stricken if you are skipping RG's or Playing with a Dart WD or playing Non-season.
Hellfire Passive/Passive variations in order of power:
- Exalted Soul (Max DPS)
- Near Death Experience (not recommended, good for HC)
- Helm: Socket>30% Lightning>Crit
- Shoulders: CDR
- Torso: x3 Sockets>15% Life
- Legs: x2 Sockets
- Gloves: Crit>CHD>Vit
- Rings: Socket>AtkSpd>Crit>Dmg Range>CHD
- Waist: 15% Life>15% FoT Dmg
- Wrist: 20% Lightning damage>Crit
- Boots: 12% Movement speed
- Amulet: Socket>20% Lightning damage>Crit>ChD
- Weapon: Vit>10% Damage
you want dex/secondary resist on all your pieces(where possible)
People WITHOUT shenlongs fists:
Do not attempt the build without shenlongs set (you will do virtually no damage)
Q: Does CoE or Focus+Restraint snapshot?
A: No, they are both dynamic buffs.
Q: Why am i getting instantly killed gr60+?
A: Make sure your stats look something like this: 1200+ All resistance | 16,000+ Armour | 500,000+ Health.
Q: What gem should i put in my helmet socket?
A: Red gem for XP, Purple for Pushing!
Q: What normal gems should i put in my chest/pants?
A: Emeralds (Diamonds if you're HC).
If you liked the guide, then come follow my stream @ >>> www.twitch.tv/quin69 <<< for more monk action! When i go live, Any questions that you guys have - i can answer for you live on stream! I will also be posting YouTube guides on my twitch channel soon!
Be sure to check back on the guide every now and then! as i am always making minor changes.
Note: I will try answer as many questions as i can! and will read all of your posts, but obviously doing a gear-check for each one of you bros or re-answering the same question over and over will take all day If you want a direct answer come follow the stream <3