>>>UPDATED FOR 2.2<<<
Hey boyz! Season One & Two - Rank 1 monk (world) here!
In my opinion/experience this build is currently one of the strongest possible monk setups for solo competitive greater rift laddering (season 3).
Please note: I always keep my diablo fans guides up to date and will be making adjustments to the guide whenever there is a shift in endgame meta! so be sure to check back, and vote on the guide!
Basic game-play strategy:
- Hold down spirit generator
- Use breath of heaven on cooldown (when in combat)
- Use inner sanctuary on cooldown (when in combat)
- Use Epiphany on cooldown
- Drop spirit as needed with dashing strike (don't spam - because you will waste the charges and lose dps)
- Fists of Thunder - Wind Blast (For use with APD Bracers)
- Crippling Wave - Tsunami (For use with APD Bracers, less DPS ~ more survivability)
Passive variations(+hellfire bonus):
- Guardians Path
- Helm: Socket>Crit
- Shoulders: 15% Dash Damage>RCR>CDR
- Torso: x3 Sockets>15% Dash Damage>30% RCR>20% Fire
- Legs: x2 Sockets
- Gloves: ChC>RCR>CHD
- Rings: Socket>RCR>Crit>IAS>CDR
- Waist: 15% Life
- Wrist: 20% Fire damage>ChC
- Amulet: Socket>ChD>ChC=20% Fire>Dex
- Weapon: LPH > LPSS > RCR > Vit
you want dex/secondary resist on all your pieces(where possible)
People WITHOUT flying dragon:
Furnace is OK. But the build is heavily reliant on a flying dragon.
Q: Why am i getting instantly killed g45+?
A: This spec is extremly fragile, and you will die... Alot (with bad mobs). 1200+ All resistance | 16,000+ Armour | 500,000+ Health - Is a good amount to be around.
Q: What gem should i put in my helmet socket?
A: Diamond. CDR = Dmg + Survivability!
Q: What normal gems should i put in my chest/pants?
A: Emeralds, Moarrrr DMG!
Q: What follower should i use?
A: Templar. Why? Inspire (x1.1 ALL spirit generation).
Q: What procs APD's?
A: Freeze = Stun.
If you liked the guide, then come follow my stream @ >>> www.twitch.tv/quin69 <<< for more monk action! When i go live, Any questions that you guys have - i can answer for you live on stream! I will also be posting YouTube guides on my twitch channel soon!
Be sure to check back on the guide every now and then! as i am always making minor changes.
Note: I will try answer as many questions as i can! and will read all of your posts, but obviously doing a gear-check for each one of you bros or re-answering the same question over and over will take all day If you want a direct answer come follow the stream <3