The only really skills that I can see that can be altered are as follows:
* Pirahnado- Is a Good alternative, but really needs to be run with Grave Injustice, if you already have a lot of toughness taking this kill with Grave injustice over zombie dog handler, can be a good alternative.
**Rain of Toads**
* Haunt "Poisoning Spirit", While using Belt of Transcendence, and 2 Piece Jade set this works out very well, or whenever you want to use haunt as a Fetish generator, and increase overall DPS
**Zombie Dog Handler**
* Gruesome feast- If you want to generate extra damage, which will empower our dps scaling over to our pets.
* Jungle fortitude- If your really lacking toughness, this is another option you can pursue, but I'd still take Zombie Dog handler over it, but its my personal preference.
With that being said, the remaining skills, and or passive ones are kinda non-negotiable. However as I always like to tell people, if you prefer a personal skill over others you could always run with what your personal play style supports. With all that being said lets get into skill choices:
**Spirit walk- "Jaunt"**
* Extended time in the spirit realm by 3 seconds, sounds, straight forward choice here no surprise
* Will give us the flexibility, when we go against mobs, with jailer, frozen, waller etc.
**Zombie dog- "Rabid Dogs", "Leeching Beast", "Fire Dog"**
* Poison Dot (3 second Duration) that Stacks
* Poison Dog hits an enemy two times in a row, each attack places its separate stack of the dot on the monster.
* Works well with Swamp Waders (increased Poison damage)
* Strong AOE damage, per second to all enemies around the Zombie Dog
* Really good way to add AOE into this Pet Build, and get faster Trash clears
* Good way to add additional sustainability in this build
* Strongest Option if you want to run Physical Damage property
**Fetish Army (Poison, Fire, or Physical Property)**
* These Fetish will tank, provide extra DPS, and trigger out Star Metal Kukuri
* Doesn't Matter Which property it is, just run w/e fits what element your building in your gear.
**Big Bad Voodoo- "Slam Dance"**
* 30% Increased damage, on top of the 20% increased attack speed
* Combine this with Star Metal, and this spell turns into a permanent buff, that dramatically improves our DPS
**Plague of Toads "Rain of toads**
*Side Note- If you are running Belt of Transcendence this skill is altered to Haunt Poisoned "Spirit"*
* Highest proc co-efficient that generates Fetishes from Fetish Sycophants
* Damage does improve with Swamp Waders, but nothing to impressive here
**Pirahnas- "Frozen Pirahnas"**
* Provides us Crowd Control, Damage Amp of 15%, and a chill effect to keep enemies away from us
* Only on a 8 second cool~down, since were not running grave injustice
**Pierce the Veil**
* 20% increased damage, at the cost of 30% increased mana cost. Pretty much the staple in all WD builds
* Common passive used in 95% of all Witch Doctor Builds
* Increases HP of our Zombie dog, Gargantuan, and personal HP by 20%
* +1 To Zombie dogs = More Dps for our Gargantuan Dog.
* Provides a good amount of toughness, and will help with our dogs surviving higher Tiered Greater Rifts
*Side Note- If you are running Belt of Transcendence this skill is altered to Rush of essence*
* Generates Fetish, that will bring additional DPS, pets that can tank for us, and combo with Star Metal Kukri
* Proc co-efficient with Rain of toads, will make it so we have 15 fetishes up constantly
* 50% increase Damage to Gargantuan, and Zombie Gargantuan Dog. Jerams + this skill = 120%-150% Increase damage total.
* +1 To Zombie dogs = More Dps for our Gargantuan Dog.
* Not much to say here, if only taking one Zombie Dog passive, this one by far is a must have
For the gem Selection I will list only the most common Gems that Witch Doctors use with this build.
The only gems, at-least while running tallmans, that you should Defiantly consider are: Pain Enhancer, and Efficacious. Either of those gems should take up 1 of the 3 legendary gem spots, while the final two choices can be left up to personal preference.
**My Top 3 personal Gems**
* 3.Bane of the Powerful
* 1.Efficacious Toxin
**General Top 3 Gems used by most Witch Doctors**
* 3.Bane of the Trapped
* 1.Pain Enhancer
* Base Effect: Critical hits cause the enemy to bleed for 1200% weapon damage as Physical over 3 seconds.
* Upgrade rank grants: +30% weapon damage.
* Rank 25 unlocks: Gain Blood Frenzy, granting you 3% increased Attack Speed for each bleeding enemy within 20 yards.
This gem starts off a little slow, but by the time it begins to rich the higher ranks, is where this gem truly shines. The physical damage dot scales with Increase Physical% property items, and can be triggered by pets critical attacks. The secondary effect is a little lackluster, but is solid in builds that put you in close proximity of the enemies that you are fighting. Any pet build can benefit from this gem, but it may not always be the best option depending on what pet build it is.
* Base Effect: Increases the damage of your pets by 15%.
* Upgrade rank grants: 0.3% more pet damage per level.
* Rank 25 unlocks: Your pets take 25% reduced damage.
Solid choice in any pet build. The damage increase is counted as an "elemental" type, so it doesn't really maximize its damage potential with Jeram's Pet damage increase as it should. The secondary doesn't really make to big of a difference, but if you find your self running a build that uses Fetish Army, and Fetish Sycophants the 25% damage mitigation for pets really helps those builds especially through Greater Rifts.
**Gem of Efficacious Toxin**
* Base Effect: Poison all enemies hit for 2000% weapon damage over 10 seconds.
* Upgrade rank grants: +50% weapon damage over 10 seconds.
* Rank 25 unlocks: All enemies you poison take 10% increased damage from all sources.
Efficacious Toxin gem is as self sufficient as it gets. The dot can be applied by damage you preform, or caused by your pets. The Dot scales with Increase Poison% property items, and since the dot is poison property it auto triggers the secondary effect. After blizzard changed this gem to be trigger-able by pets, this gem is seeing alot of use outside of just the typical jade build. Long story short: If your build is poison base, or your looking for a 10% damage increase across the board this is the gem for you.
**Gogok of Swiftness**
* Base Effect: 50% chance on hit to gain Swiftness, increasing your Attack Speed 1% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 15 times.
* Upgrade rank grants: +1% chance.
* Rank 25 unlocks: Gain 1% Cool-down Reduction per stack of Swiftness.
For the Witch Doctor, Gogok is a solid gem choice for many builds, excluding Hexing pants, and Jade Builds. The attack speed helps with Fetish generation, and outputting damage with build such as Rhen'ho flayer, and Grin Reaper. the secondary isn't the best but it isn't the worst either. In the Carnevil build, since Attack speed GREATLY effects the damage output of that build, gogok is a definite must.
**Bane of the Trapped**
* Base effect: Increase damage against enemies under control-impairing effects by 15%.
* Upgrade rank grants: +0.3% damage.
* Rank 25 unlocks: Gain an aura that reduces the movement speed of enemies within 15 yards by 30%.
Overall If your looking for a good standard gem that works in pretty much all WD builds, this is it. The gem self-activates just by being in close proximity of a monster, in combination with other impairing effects. The damage is ACTUAL damage increase on the target, just as if your using piranhas or Strong Arm bracers, which is pretty awesome. Not a personal gem I choose often myself, but even I have to admit this gem is probably the most solid over any gem, with the exclusion maybe of Bane of the Powerful
**Bane of the Powerful**
* Base effect: Gain 20% increased damage for 30 seconds after killing an elite pack.
* Increase rank grants: +1 second buff duration.
* Rank 25 unlocks: 15% Increased Damage to Elites.
Overall I feel that this gem is the most well rounded out of all gem selections. At rank 25 the duration is extended 55 seconds, at rank 35 65 Seconds, and at rank 50 80 seconds of 20% increased damage. Not mention the secondary effect adds 15% elite damage. If your stuck on a 3rd option for a legendary gem choice, or want a gem that solid in any build this gem is defiantly it.
**Video of build in action:**
**Patch 2.2 *Current Patch***
**Patch 2.1 Video (Out Dated)**
Tall-mans' 2.1 Guide Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kss5tvXnySY
Tall-mans' 2.1 Guide Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKZT5fEI25k
Tall-mans' 2.1 Guide Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMVt6QFfI2Y
**These Videos are outdated, but interesting to see if you want to see pre-patch 2.1 Builds of Tallmans**
Tall Mans Finger end Game Build Tutorial Video(OUT DATED): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqtMjVmFU7U
Tall mans Finger Fire Tutorial Video(OUT DATED): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ueWjD4rtU
Tall mans Finger Poison Tutorial Video(OUT DATED): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge2bmzeBW6Y