Build Guide** This guide is for those of you who do not have SMK and TnT yet!!! In the case that you do have these two, the passives change etc..**
** Update on the build answering questions with this video**
**Most recent update below 10-24-14**
Hey guys MikeyMADZ here, and today I am sharing with you my zdps speed lock WD build. So what is this build good for you may ask? Well lets see!!
- Gem of Efficacious Toxin- This gem is easily a must, at rank 25 it boost party damage by 10%, horrify also procs this it is a must have!
- Moratorium- Not a bad choice, it can help slow damage you take, and improve reaction time with spirit walk! However in higher GR damage becomes so high it really does you no good.
- Bane of the trapped- I know it may seem odd, but through more play testing it provides you with a AOE slow and in turn can proc the dps trapped damage. I would say this is a must have!
- Gogok of swiftness- After more play testing I feel this gem is a must and it procs from Horrify! The cool down allows you to spam more skills. This is a must have!
Last Breath -This weapon is super good for this support build, if you can get 10% CDR and 20 second CD on mass confusion you are set. Being able to spam Mass Confusion-Paranoia is a huge damage boost for you and your party by 20%, and it gives you 12 seconds of confuse on mobs, including elite packs. That means they take more damage and fight for you!
(If you can get a SMK use that, and drop locust and put mass confusion in its place, as well as putting FA in place of the old MC slot. This will allow you to perma voodoo, it works great on boss fights!)
Hwoj - Is really good for putting a 60-80% slow on any enemy hit by locust, in conjunction with the creeping death passive, this will last for 5 minutes! Not a bad cc ability at all it is a very good belt for this build. I like to spam Piranhas-Wave of Mutilation in combo with this slow to allow my self to hit as many mobs as possible to stack the 15% damage boost from piranhas as well as proc the Strongarm Bracers giving each person in the party 20-30% more damage on top of that, and another 10% from toxic gem! ** (If you have SMK and drop locust use Vigalante Belt or Blackthorne's Belt) **
*(Note, sometimes it is better to use piranhado to group the mobs up to make full use of DH immolation arrow!)*
Rechel's Ring of Larceny - Is amazing for boosting your speed when you fear a mob which is all the time, this will allow you to cover more ground allowing you to keep larger packs of mobs locked down for a greater desired time. Just today I kept 3 packs perma locked and removed all elite affixes from the fight by running back and forth. Speed is also great to get to party members to drop Big Bad Voodoo on them. Giving the party 30% more damage and 20% AS and 20% move speed is nothing to laugh about.. Next Storm shield was a nice choice for me because it rolled 10% elite damage reduction, 97 all resist, has high block chance apart from most shields in the game, and rolled a 46.8% melee damage reduction secondary. This shield is huge for damage reduction.
- Spirit Vessel - Gives you more cool down on spirit walk, and a death save passive. Super good.
- Grave Injustice - Heals you for 1% max life and mana when mobs die, also gives 1 second cool down on all skills.
- Tribal Rites - 25% more CDR on everything that is important in this build... Too good to pass up.
- Creeping Death - Can be changed sometimes I like to use Bad medicine in its place. But the 5 min slow is nice as well as piranhas 15% damage buff lasting 5 minutes.
This build is great for cc and party damage ramp. On the gear guys use anything that has Int, Vit, all resist, or armor as well as CDR. Get % damage reduction in 2ndary if you can. Helm is a must for this build to work, a lot of the other items are optional. I went with the Born's and the Captain Crimson's for the boosted CDR. Gloves can be anything you desire, I strongly suggest the amulet with lightning immune.For regular gems use all resist or vit, I prefer vit.
**(Did some play test with 3 set Blackthorne's and it works great with the 4 set and negating more damage in higher GR!!)**
- CORE -Max % move speed to the desired amount, then boost vit as much as you can.
- OFFENSE - CDR all the way, the rest are whatever, don't really need AS at all boost last.
- DEFENSE- I prefer to do % life, armor, then AR. Life regen last, however do what is needed and whatever you lack.
- UTILITY - Resource cost reduction first, the rest up to you
This build if played right can boost party damage up to 105%!!! That is huge damage boost for a party, if they are using bane of the trapped it is even more considering you perma cc everything.
I hope I covered everything guys, if you have any questions let me know! I play daily, and I have a youtube and twitch!!
YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5_EALIavc2-QhJxw3jKazw
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/mikeymadz