Cannot add friends

• Hello,

Sorry I put this in the bug report. Not sure where this actually belongs. It seems I cannot add new friends. I have deleted old friends who currently do not play Diablo anymore, but the system still will not let me add new friends. I keep getting error code 5016. Please advise.

Thank you and have a good day.
  • Howdy!

The error 5016 is related to the Blizzard Desktop app reporting your friends list is full, though it can also occur if the other person's friend's list is full as well. The maximum amount of friends a player can add to the Blizzard Friends list is 200. Note: Unanswered pending requests could also have an impact here as well. It's important both players check if they are remotely at or near 200 friends. The only way to resolve this error would be to remove old friends and retest. Keeping in mind the other person should also check their friend's list and pending requests could have an impact.

If you would like to request the Blizzard app friend's list limit be increased please post on our General forums Here.

Thank you!