CODE 1016

• CODE 1016
    Are you EVER going to fix this timeout issue???
    This is why I will NEVER upgrade my Diablo 3 and why I will NEVER buy another Blizzard game!!!
  • Hey Gary,

I am sorry to see that you have been experiencing the 1016 error. The 1016 error is just a generic disconnection error message. It just lets us know the game client lost connection to the servers. It does not tell us why.

Since it is a generic disconnection error there can be several things that could cause it. It can sometimes take a bit of troubleshooting to find the cause of it. I do have some initial steps to try that could help stop these disconnections.

• Run the Diablo III repair tool.

• Reset In-Game Options.
      1) Select the game in the Blizzard app and click Options .
      2) Click Game Settings.
      3) Click on Reset In-Game Options.
      4) Click Done and launch the game normally.

• Run the computer in a selective startup mode.

• Please power cycle the network equipment and flush the DNS.

• Wireless connections are not the most stable thing in the world. Anything from a cellphone to a microwave oven can disrupt the signal. If the computer is on a wireless connection, see if using a wired connection improves the connection

• If the disconnections still happen, please post the results from a pathping and trace route. Paste the pathping and trace route into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.