20-30 FPS until reboot

• Yesterday, I noticed the framerate was down from 60 to less than 30. I haven't installed any new hardware or software, and D3 is the only game that is affected; even turning off AA has no effect. Simply restarting the game doesn't change anything, I have to reboot the PC for the issue to go away, and it eventually drops to 20-30 fps again.

I couldn't find any reports of a framerate drop quite like this. Most were Mac related, and they reported framerates below 10 fps back in 2012, with no solution reported. I've been playing Diablo 3 since release and this is the 1st time this has happened to me, and it only started on March 17. Any ideas?
  • Hi Kor1134,

I would love to give you some ideas on this, but before I dive in, could you post a DxDiag? It can help me see what we are working with to aim troubleshooting steps at your computer.

DxDiag

Please post a DxDiag:
      1. Press Windows Key + R.
      2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
      3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
      4. Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save
      5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.

/Nathardrick
  • Hi there Kor1134,

Looking over this I have a couple things I would try here to fix the FPS issues in game. Thanks for getting back to me with the DxDiag!

First, lets update your Video driver for the 1050 ti you have installed.

Next, lets clear out the game settings.

Last, lets make sure that your power settings are set to High performance.

Let me know if any of this helps my friend!

/Nathardrick