Diablo 3 splash screen comes up, but game never opens

• I've been having issues trying to run Diablo 3. When I go to open it, the splash screen comes up, but immediately stops responding and the game never opens. I was able to get the following error code:

7B3F0716-6CB5-4C4D-A92C-854DE9561E29

Not sure if it is related, but it's the only code that I've been able to get so far. Any thoughts on what may be causing this to happen?
  • Hi there friends,

It sounds like you three all have a different crash and I want to help each of you.

@WingZero29
    :

This looks like the Blizzard app crashing when trying to opening the game. I would like to have you fully clear out the app and try with a new install of it.

Perform Steps 1-5 here after that do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

1. Open file explorer/file manager
      2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
      3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
      4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
      5. Empty the recycle bin.

@DAKOOLDAVE:

You say it will not launch, if this is happening at the splash screen I would preform a selective startup. If this happens before the splash screen, I would temp disable your AntiVirus.

@Fugazy:

On your case, you say you need to reboot. Do you need to reboot your computer? If so, lets check your computer for hardware issues with HwMonitor. If not, if you just need to reboot the game, try to have the Blizzard app closed when you play.

Closing the Blizzard app when a game is launched :
      •Open the Blizzard app
      •Click the Blizzard app Icon in the top Left of the app
      •Click Settings (Marked by a cogwheel)
      •Under General, locate “WHEN I LAUNCH A GAME”
      •Use the drop down to change this to “Exit Blizzard app completely.”

@all:

If these steps do not help you, please get back to me with a DxDiag. These will help me look in the problem a but more.

DxDiag

Please post a DxDiag:
      1. Press Windows Key + R.
      2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
      3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
      4. Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save
      5. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.

/Nathardrick
  • @Edgedancer79, Error 2 and 1016 are connection/network related errors. There's a few steps we can recommend!

This is a different issue than the crashes described on this thread. Please create a new thread or contact our Technical Support team if the errors persist with the following: Traceroute, Pathping,and Looking Glass.

@WingZero29, it appears that there's an issue with Lavasoft, which have been known to cause some issues with the system. Uninstall this program and try running a Malware Bytes scan. Next, this program will change the protocols of the system. We'll want to clear this by running through these steps:
      1. Right click on your Windows Start Menu, and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" or just search for Command Prompt and right click, run as administrator.
      2. Now type in or copy and paste, "netsh int ip reset" Press Enter.
      3. Then do the same for "netsh winsock reset"

Once it's complete, you'll need to restart the computer to complete the reset. If the problem continues, try launching the game on a newly created admin account.