Diablo 3 keeps crashing

• I just purchased the Reaper of Souls pack. I logged to the blizzard app and it wanted to do an update. Now I can't get it to do anything. As soon as I press the "Play" button it says the game is sunning and I just get the splash screen. When I look in my Windows event viewer I see this...
    The program Diablo III64.exe version 2.6.1.49508 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Same error when trying to run the game directly from the exe with -launch. I've also tried with streaming disabled.

Any other thoughts??
  • Hey ATown08,

There are several things that could be causing Diablo III to crash when launching. Below are some additional steps to try that we have seen help. Please do try these steps.

• Run the Diablo III repair tool.

• To be on the safe side make sure Windows and the drivers in the computer are up to date.

• Run the computer in a selective startup mode.

• I have seen some security programs cause this to happen before. Temporarily disable any security program.

• If Diablo III is still crashing, please post a DxDiag and Diablo III Error Logs. Paste the DXdiag and Diablo III Error Logs into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.
  • I see that a tech GM did send you some steps to try. Hopefully they do help. If not please do respond back to that ticket.