32-bit client not working. Black screen but with in-game sound

• Boo
    Everything was perfectly fine running the 32-bit a few days ago, ever since a certain battle net update, the 32-bit client refuses to run.

I usually run into ram limitations when running the 64-bit client. I'm surprised no one is having this issue.
  • Boo,

It's running fine in 32 bit mode when I try. What happens exactly when you try? Any messaging?

Could you please post some information about your computer? You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Press Windows Key + R.
    Type DxDiag and press Enter.
    In the DxDiag window, at the bottom, click Save All Information.
    Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save. (note where it's been saved so you can find it)

Locate the Dxdiag.txt file just created and open it to copy and paste ALL of it's contents into your reply.
  • Boo,

Have you tried the AMD 18.1.1 drivers yet on 32-bit mode for Diablo III?
  • Hey Boo!

Thanks for the update and adding on Windowed mode appears to work, but fullscreen is experiencing some issues.

Does Windowed Fullscreen work by chance or a different resolution? This could be due to the ultrawide screen resolution.

Please also try resetting in-game settings, that may resolve some issues! It should be under Options > Game Settings in the Blizzard Application!

Thanks again, I'll keep track to see if there may be anything in particular with 32-bit mode and the fullscreen issues recently.
  • Thanks, Boo!

I just want to check that Xbox DVR and Game Mode settings are disabled.

And in-game, could we try turning on Vertical Sync to see if that makes a difference in 32-bit mode fullscreen?

Since it's working in windowed fullscreen and fullscreen, but not fullscreen, it sounds to be possibly some video card setting. Try resetting the video card settings.
  • Boo,

Which LG display model are you using exactly? Have you always been using an HDMI connection to it? Have you always had the refresh rate for the desktop set to 75 Hz? If you set the desktop to a 60 Hz refresh, does it then work in fullscreen mode with the 32 bit client?

Could you also post your Documents\Diablo III\D3Prefs.txt file?