Screen Flicker

• Diablo III Screen Flicker

Hi folks. I have a screen flicker problem that just started today. I don't think it is the last update because I played for a day fine on that. Nothing else flickers, just D3. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Hi Odin,

If Boubou steps work, please post that they did. If not , could you post back with a DxDiag? This will let me help find what is going on. In the meantime, does this happen in Windowed mode?

DxDiag

Please post a DxDiag:
      1) Press Windows Key + R.
      2) Type DxDiag and press Enter.
      3) In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
      4)Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save
      5) Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.

/Nathardrick
  • Hey, everyone!

We are still collecting information for this issue. If you have this issue (or used one of the workarounds to address it) please send an email titled Flickering Issue [Your Forum Name] to [email protected] with the following:

MSINFO and DXDIAGAnswer the following questions:
    When did this start happening?What have you done to address it?Does it affect any other non-blizzard games or programs?Any other information you can provide will be helpful. :)
  • Happy Holidays, everyone!

Just wanted to provide an update on the situation, apologies for the delay. It appears that this seems to be related to using the Microsoft Drivers after an update for Intel cards mostly. There's been reports of it happening in other games and even streaming (Movies, Youtube, etc.)

The work arounds have been a hit or a miss, but feel free to try them!
      Scan and RepairWindowed Mode
      For Diablo, you will be able to do this in-game or head to the Blizzard App's Settings > Game Settings, then locate Diablo and check Additional Command Line Arguments. Type in -w or -Displaymode 0Turning on V-Sync
      For Diablo, press ESC, then head to Options > Video in-game, and check Vertical Sync

Performing a DDU and installing the manufacturer's drivers should resolve the flickering, especially if you may experience this outside of gaming :)
      1. Download the Display Driver Uninstaller from The Wagnard Forum. (Click on the latest Announcement that should say "Display Driver Uninstaller," then at the bottom, click on "Official Download Here")
      2. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller and extract the files.
      3. Click on Display Driver Uninstaller and run it. Running this in safe mode will yield better results. (You can do so by pressing Windows + R, type in msconfig, then go to the boot tab. Check Safe boot and Network. Apply and OK, restart!)
      4. Click on Clean and Restart.
      5. After restarting, install the Intel Drivers here. If you may have AMD or NVIDIA, you will be able to find your drivers here for Nvidia and here for AMD.

If the problem continues, please contact our Technical Support team!

Happy Gaming!