Game couldn't launch after Alt-Tab

• I ALT+TAB while playing Diablo 3, to open Google Chrome.
    Then when I tried to reopen the Diablo 3 at the taskbar, it opens in a borderless window (which is weird since I set it to Fullscreen) with the background music playing, but the screen in-game frozen.
    It was like the windowed game became unresponsive.
    So I force-closed the game using task manager.

When I tried to reopen the game again in, after the Reaper of Souls logo, an error reporter windows tells me: "The application encountered an unexpected error" & asked me to consult Blizzard regarding the issue.
    The report ID given was 41CC1BB8-2C37-490F-9ECB-64B0B47B2056.

The Blizzard Contact Support page doesn't allow me to upload the required files to lodge a complaint for some reason.
    I did the scan & repair the game option to no avail.
    Disabled streaming didn't help either.
    Also ruled out any potential background programs which may cause problems.
  • Hey there!

This crash appears to be a driver crash of some sort. I looked over the information in the crash report from the ID you submitted and I did see a couple of things that could be causing trouble here:

I would like you to perform a clean install of your drivers by completely removing the old drivers as follows:
    1) Let's remove the old drivers via a program called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and choose the first link.
    2) Once that's installed, go ahead and run the program. It will say that you're not in safe mode and ask to run in safe mode. Go ahead and tell it yes to restart into safe mode.
    3) Once in Safe mode the program will pop back up. Simply select your video brand from the drop down and then click Clean and Restart.
    4) Once it restarts the PC you'll want to get your video drivers from the following:

For Intel go here.

Let's reset the in game user options:
    1. Click the blue bnet icon on the bnet app.
    2. Choose settings, then game settings.
    3. Click the reset in game user options button under the correct game listing.
    4. Confirm the changes and close the window.

Finally I recommend uninstall Corsair Utility Software that you might have: CUESDK.x64_2015.dll as these programs can conflict with the game on occasion.