I no longer have a copy of Diablo 3 for my 360 so can I still import my save? The help page regarding save transfers mentions you can manually import a save on your new console without exporting on an old console. Has anyone tried this? I really don't want to start over!!
# 1 Aug 19, 2014
# 7 Aug 19, 201408/19/2014 12:48 PMPosted by LibertyTitsI no longer have a copy of Diablo 3 for my 360 so can I still import my save?
You can! You'll just have to take a few extra steps.
So! In order to complete a saved data transfer to next-gen, you'll need three things: a save, a Diablo III disc (or access to a digital version of the game), and a current-gen system.
The reason the disc and system are important is that you'll need these to both download patch 1.0.3 for Diablo III (this patch enables the cross-brand/cross-generation transfers) and then export your save to our servers.
If you don't have your Diablo III disc and/or your Xbox 360, though, you're not out of luck.
All you need to do is borrow a disc (from a friend, family member, rent it from a store, etc), ditto for the 360, and then complete the steps provided below. If you have a friend that has a digital version of the game installed on a 360, that will work too!
Q. What if I no longer have access to my original Diablo III disc and/or current-gen platform?
If you no longer have access to your original Diablo III disc and/or current-gen platform, don't worry—you may still be able to transfer your save data to another brand or platform generation for Ultimate Evil Edition.
You’ll need your save file (available via cloud storage, USB, hard drive, or memory unit), any current-gen Diablo III disc or a digital version of the game, and access to a current-gen platform (as with the disc, the platform doesn’t need to be yours).
From there, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Insert the original Diablo III disc or launch the digital version of the game.Step 2: Ensure that you are connected to the Internet.Step 3: Download and install patch 1.0.3 for Diablo III onto the system.Step 4: Log in to your Sony Entertainment Network or Xbox Live account.Step 5: Import your saved data as normal (Xbox 360, PS3).Step 6: Depending on what kind of transfer you’re looking to process at this point, refer to the appropriate category below for instructions on how to export and import saves from Diablo III to Ultimate Evil Edition.
Here are the different data transfer options:
More info: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/15058023
Just recently responded to a similar question here, so pardon my copy/paste
# 13 Aug 20, 201408/19/2014 02:09 PMPosted by DexterNot to be rude or anything but did you even take the time to read his issue.
Many of us NO LONGER have the game and the xbox 360.
Your suggestion IS THE PROBLEM.
His question is. Other than what you typed, is there a way to export his save to the xbox one without needing an xbox 360 and diablo 3 game for the xbox 360
I very clearly provided an answer. Please read my response again.
I'll recap very quickly, though:
- In order to process a saved data transfer, you need three things: a save, a Diablo III disc (or access to a digital version of the game), and a current-gen system.
- If you no longer have the original Diablo III disc, access to a digital version of the game, and/or a current-gen system, you're not completely out of luck. You can borrow a disc, borrow a current-gen system, and/or log into to current-gen system that has the digital version of Diablo III installed and still process a transfer.
- If you no longer have your save (available via cloud storage, USB, hard drive, or memory unit), then you will not be able to process a transfer.
- If you cannot get access to a Diablo III disc and/or a current-gen system, then you will not be able to process a transfer.
Hope this helps!