Game will NOT install from disc

• I did not buy the game from the store so that it could try and patch its self from the internet. I have a monthly bandwidth limit and do not want to download GB's from your servers when I have a disc in the drive with the main game files.

When I relaunch from the disc installer all it does it launch the new battle.net launcher which tries to download from the fricking internet. I am pissed.

The launcher does not start if I disconnect my internet. Who designed this?
  • Fireseal,

I looked over your account history and the last login into Diablo III was back in August. Since then, there have been new patches, which also included an optimization patch that was needed prior to installing the RoS files. If those were not downloaded before, they are not going to be installed by the disk because the disk only covers RoS data. Even then, most people didn't need the disk because the RoS files should have been installed prior to launch as long as the Diablo III client was kept up to date.

When I relaunch from the disc installer all it does it launch the new battle.net launcher which tries to download from the fricking internet.

This is normal since the Battle.net launcher is required to launch Diablo III. The box also states that an internet connection is required to play this game.

The launcher does not start if I disconnect my internet.

That is working as intended. As I mentioned above, Diablo III and the launcher require an internet connection in order to be able to launch and play the game.

Got some feedback?
  • jjames77,

does that mean I have to download that entire 11.50gb of patch before I can install RoS using the disc?

I'm not sure, how big is your Diablo III folder for the retail version, not the PTR?

How big is this game?

My game folder is currently 19.6gb. That's after a fresh install of Diablo III and RoS.

Got some feedback?
  • locking thread due to age.