Blizzard just changed Hardware class?

• Seems like the only difference blizzard made with this patch was the default settings.

Before patch default settings was Hardware class 4 for me - after the patch its 1!

This means i went from High in all except shadows as default to LOW / OFF in all!

And i still have the same [email protected]#$ lag!

So the question is, did blizzard really change anything at all?

Anyone with hardware class set to 1, before the patch which has better fps???
  • I'm still at hardware class 4. I've checked 2 other Macs here and they are still set to 2 & 3.

What are your specs?

Obtaining System Information
      1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
      Hardware (remove the Serial Number line) Graphics/Displays Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
  • I don't know why the hardware class changed but that's certainly not what we call a fix. Real optimizations were made.
    You can change your graphic settings to what you want. The hardware class is only for choosing the default settings, it doesn't make the game go faster.

Now, we did reproduce the problem described in this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5633978362

We will fix this in a future patch.
  • I'll send the molten affix feedback up to the team to look at as well. Thanks.