Diablo 3 ''The application encountered an unexpected error''

• Hello everyone.

My Diablo 3 doesnt want to launch. The story goes like this.

I played Diabo 3 with my friend last day. When i got done with a Greater Rift (Part of the game) with him, my PC made a loud noise and suddently it crashed and shutdown. I tried to re-open it but before i even pressed the start button on my PC it starts and shuts down rapidly and automatically. I removed all the dust in my PC
    and it suddenlty started working again. I thought that it was probably a overheating or something, but when i tried to launch the game by pressing ''Play'', it gave a pop-up saying that ''The application encountered an unexpected error'''.

I have a picture of it right here: https://gyazo.com/1a62d5a5f9637243f657a20a3c0e4f36

And i got provided with a key: 0FD3D4ED-9A77-43C8-A345-D771E8A77CB2
  • Hey GhostHallow,

It looks like this could be a driver issue. I would make sure to download and install the latest driver from Nvidia by going to www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If you continue to have issues I would like to get a copy of your DXDIAG so we can look into this further. Just follow the instructions on how to get your DXDIAG in the support article here and then just paste the contents of the DXDIAG.txt between the [code][/code] tags in your reply and we can take a peak at it for you and hopefully identify what is going on.