Blizzard make crafting material auto pick up like gold!

• please do this.
  • It's been a while since I originally put this out there, so it's probably a good time to talk about managing crafting resources again. We'd like to make some changes to the current system, and here's some insight into what we're thinking, but please keep in mind that this won't happen until after Reaper of Souls is out. Also, it's definitely a work in progress, and subject to change.

On the whole, we agree with your feedback and are currently working on some different ways to help streamline the process of picking up, storing, and using crafting resources.

Let me preface what I’m about to say with the caveat that any changes we make to crafting material management at this point would come after Reaper of Souls ships. With that in mind, here’s a few ideas we’re tinkering with to help get you thinking about some of the cool possibilities:

All crafting materials would be moved to a currency-style storage in the UI. Think something similar to Blood Shards.All crafting materials would become auto pickup, except for LEGENDARY crafting material. (Legendary crafting material would still be automatically stored as a currency, but players must click on it to pick it up.)All crafters would pull crafting materials from this storage area for recipes.Crafting materials that the player doesn’t currently own would appear in grey text with a 0 counter.Players could mouse over the icons of all crafting material to get the full tooltip of the item. This includes greyed out ones.Currently, we do not intend to store gems in this way because it would make socketing items feel clunky.
  • As some of you may have noticed, my original post about potential updates to crafting resource management was created over a year ago. A lot of changes relating to crafting, inventory management, and looting items in bulk have happened since then, and chances are there will be more changes that affect them in the future, too. At this time, we’re no longer planning to implement a currency-style storage system for crafting materials, and we don’t have any additional related updates to provide. That said, we do plan to continue to make improvements to these systems when it aligns with our design goals, and makes sense for us to do so.

As a refresher, here are some of the more recent changes that have improved on the crafting system and/or inventory management which are already in the game.

All normal Health Potions are now bottomless, and regular Health Potions no longer dropThere is now a “vacuum pickup” system to make gathering large amounts of certain items (including gems and crafting materials) easierA Wardrobe has been added, which now manages cosmetic items like pets, wings, pennants, and portrait framesPlayers can now increase their Blood Shard cap by reaching new personal bests when playing in Solo Greater RiftsWhen crafting gems and items, the entire quantity will be crafted at once

More info: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18642492/
  • 04/22/2015 05:10 AMPosted by Yakob
    04/21/2015 03:29 PMPosted by Grimiku
    A Wardrobe has been added, which now manages cosmetic items like pets, wings, pennants, and portrait frames

04/21/2015 03:29 PMPosted by Grimiku
    When crafting gems and items, the entire quantity will be crafted at once

I haven't seen these options available on console... and I haven't heard anything about whether or not console was supposed to have them included. Anyone hear or read about this somewhere?

Good questions, and thank you for asking, Yakob. The short version is that we intentionally did not include these features in the Ultimate Evil Edition. Adding the Wardrobe feature to UEE doesn't make as much sense as it does on PC because of the inherent differences with the user interface, and UEE was unaffected by the crafting changes because it never had a queued crafting system to begin with. With that in mind we felt that these features would be best left out of the Ultimate Evil Edition.