Battle.net SMS via Friend's Phone?

• Long have I been annoyed that my cell phone will not work with Battle.net SMS because it's prepaid (which is basically the only reason I can afford to have a cell phone.) I have looked into what it would take to get a phone service that would be supported by Battle.net SMS and I would be basically paying DOUBLE the monthly rate I'm paying now as the CHEAPEST option that I could find, and that's not including what it would cost to get a new phone on top of that. So yeah, it's frustrating that I can't even attempt to use the RMAH for even one cent of profit simply because of who my cell phone service provider is, nor is there any other alternative form of security I can use instead.

So, since I'm back and giving D3 a try again in 1.0.8 (trying hardcore this time around too) I'm trying to figure how I can get the RMAH to work. I was wondering if I could use a friend's phone for this? First off, is that allowed, and if so, what are the pros and cons of it?

Like, I figure my friend could forward any texts to me or something, and/or forward my responses if needed. My friend isn't into games at all so she wouldn't ever need to use her phone for her own account or something. She has a contract plan with Verizon so more than likely her phone would be supported, whereas my prepaid with Virgin Mobile is not.

However, I don't know how it works and/or what information is transmitted to the SMS holder so I have no way of judging if this is a good idea or not.

Anyone wanna help me out here?
  • Long have I been annoyed that my cell phone will not work with Battle.net SMS because it's prepaid (which is basically the only reason I can afford to have a cell phone.) I have looked into what it would take to get a phone service that would be supported by Battle.net SMS and I would be basically paying DOUBLE the monthly rate I'm paying now as the CHEAPEST option that I could find, and that's not including what it would cost to get a new phone on top of that. So yeah, it's frustrating that I can't even attempt to use the RMAH for even one cent of profit simply because of who my cell phone service provider is, nor is there any other alternative form of security I can use instead.

So, since I'm back and giving D3 a try again in 1.0.8 (trying hardcore this time around too) I'm trying to figure how I can get the RMAH to work. I was wondering if I could use a friend's phone for this? First off, is that allowed, and if so, what are the pros and cons of it?

Like, I figure my friend could forward any texts to me or something, and/or forward my responses if needed. My friend isn't into games at all so she wouldn't ever need to use her phone for her own account or something. She has a contract plan with Verizon so more than likely her phone would be supported, whereas my prepaid with Virgin Mobile is not.

However, I don't know how it works and/or what information is transmitted to the SMS holder so I have no way of judging if this is a good idea or not.

Anyone wanna help me out here?

Our intention is to have as many people take advantage of the authenticators as possible. I would advise against using a friend's phone as this may cause complications down the road for verification of the account. If you cannot use the mobile authenticator please keep in mind that we do have the physical ones available as well. If for whatever reason you are having any difficulties in acquiring one, please open a ticket and let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Regards,
    Araxom