Nice to hear from ya

• Good to hear you blues are chillin around again.

On a side note, where do most of you farm now? How many of you play hardcore? What is your favorite class now that you have played for a while?

Anyone feel free to answer these questions, I am kinda curious to see where everyone spends their time lately.

Edit: Come on though, no flaming. Let's keep it civil in here.
  • I have indeed played Hardcore mode but have not yet made it to 60 (although I personally know others that have). Some of my favorite classes are the wizard, monk, and witch doctor, and I tend to rotate between them depending on what sort of mood I’m in. :) Sometimes it’s fun to stand back and Magic Missile opponents from afar, while other times I enjoy getting my hands dirty by changing it up and fighting up-close and personal with my monk.

I think she enjoys punching demons in the face a little too much… >_>
  • I tend to have the most luck starting in the Fields of Slaughter, clearing the area and the dungeons, and then moving on up the bridge towards Siegebreaker. I end up with a nice 5 stack of nephalem valor, plenty of champions and elites, and a healthy amount of loot and gold.
  • 08/01/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Onetwo
    P.S. I vote that Vaeflare's cat > Crithto's dog!

You may also find it amusing that IRL I also have a cat. Specifically: a cat that I also bring to the office with me quite often. She walks on a leash, plays fetch, enjoys tricks, etc. and I like to joke that she’s the Blizzard community cat. So when I read this, I was momentarily confused if you meant her or me. ;)

(As a bit of an aside: I had this avatar long before I adopted her.)
  • 08/01/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Vaeflare
    P.S. I vote that Vaeflare's cat > Crithto's dog!

You may also find it amusing that IRL I also have a cat. Specifically: a cat that I also bring to the office with me quite often. She walks on a leash, plays fetch, enjoys tricks, etc. and I like to joke that she’s the Blizzard community cat. So when I read this, I was momentarily confused if you meant her or me. ;)

I can vouch for this.

But it's disconcerting when we're in meetings and Vaeflare has a lap cat to stroke. Mascot or stereotypical villainy? You decide.
  • 08/01/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Britain

Is your cat not afraid of riding in the car? Mine can't handle it :(

She actually has a sort of skybox seat that fits into the passenger’s seat that she can sit/stand/lay in that her harness can be attached to, sort of like a feline seatbelt. I figured since I wanted to train her to travel with me to visit friends and family as well as to and from work that it was important she was as comfortable and “safe” as possible. She actually taught herself to wait by my passenger’s car door until the door is opened, and then jump into the car and take a few quick hops to properly situate herself up in the skybox. She then gives me this incredulous look that translates roughly to “will you hurry up and latch my harness so we can get going?” While she isn’t particularly keen on the sun beating-in on her, when she’s in the shade or it’s night time, she definitely digs her plush vantage-point into the crazy outside world. The unsuspecting people in drive-thrus get a kick out of it too. ;)

She’s fairly high-energy at home and loves going on walks and playing fetch (more so even than any dog I know), but I’ve trained her so that car-rides and work-time are downtime for her to relax (and receive scritches from passing coworkers).

I can vouch for this.

But it's disconcerting when we're in meetings and Vaeflare has a lap cat to stroke. Mascot or stereotypical villainy? You decide.

Possibly a bit of both. >_> Though it probably looks a fair-bit less villainous when we end up in a chilly meeting room and I offer-up my jacket to her so that she stays warm and I freeze. That seems backwards somehow…
  • 08/01/2012 06:48 PMPosted by Zarhym

I can vouch for this.

Having a cat on your lap during a meeting is nice, warm, and fuzzy…for the first 15 minutes. After that, my leg started going numb. The cat was more than content to remain as a floppy weight and not move anywhere. Found out I may not be a cat person.

Birds as pets on the other hand; that's an intelligent companion that can be used to invalidate everyone's arguments.
  • 08/02/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Crepe
    Birds as pets on the other hand; that's an intelligent companion that can be used to invalidate everyone's arguments.

Birds?

You don't have parakeets, do you?

Rygarius does not own a bird IRL; however, I’ve had an extremely sweet Senegal parrot for well over ten years. He’s a surprisingly quiet parrot as well. :)