Activision kills another great company

• title
  • We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

P.S. Please don't post thread titles in all caps. I've edited that for you. :)
  • We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

Clearly you don't actually play the game.

Clearly! No one could enjoy a game you don't! Have some perspective.

I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

Okay Bashiok, I will sum it up for you: You guys sold out. You stopped making games for gamers, and started making "games" for money. Bobby Kotick is the devil and Diablo 3 sucks. There, I said it.

Wow. But to be fair, I'm not going to believe anyone who calls me Bashiok. :P

How do you guys not freak out on these types of posters? Be honest, Bliz pumps something through the air vents to keep you guys relaxed, right?

No, I'm just going through the Lamaze technique. :P
  • 06/12/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Zarhym
    No, I'm just going through the Lamaze technique. :P

I've been meaning to compliment you on your new desk stirrups.

Here's some feedback, bro. Input level reached. We need to farm. Diablo without farming is just a terrible game. GG. Does this involve you? Does this have merit? Destroying your company's name is important. Blizzard is not on my auto buy list anymore. Does this have merit?!

If you want an answer to your real question, we've passed along plenty of feedback about the game creation limit to the appropriate people. The fact that it's an inconvenience for you doesn't negate what's said here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795159597

This change was made to help reduce server strain and improve overall game stability, and we'll continue to monitor the situation and make additional improvements as necessary. We're currently working to find a solution that allows most players who are playing normally to create games without encountering this error, but will still limit some of the more extreme cases of rapid game creation. We appreciate your patience as we make these adjustments.

There's no possible way you collect player feedback and design insight.

The fact that you're posting here means that you've waded through hundreds of topics decrying all these "fixes" and nerfs. If you guys are seeing the reactions of the player base as anything other than negative, I can't even begin to formulate a response that I'd think would convey how much you guys ignore player feedback.

I know you have to do your song and dance PR routine, but please don't BS us. You guys DON'T listen to feedback, and all the great insight and criticisms posted here DON'T get passed on to anyone. It's way, way too obvious.

I'm not going to convince you of anything you refuse to take at face value. But the work my department (the community team) does isn't completely negated by your perception of the way we operate.

To even think all the player feedback worth noting is on these forums AND negative is shortsighted in and of itself.