Commodities. 8 Days. Why

• We know they are down.
    Have not seen one single post stating "I was having problems buying/selling commodities".

You take them down and then have a blue post 5/23/2012, here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149151730

telling us you were taking them down. And thats all. No reason why. And no updates for 8 days.

When are you going to clean it up, and explain what you are doing, maybe even why you disabled that portion of the AH in the first place ?

Bump this. Troll me. Don't care. Keep it on the front page.
  • We're continuing to work on bringing commodity trading via the auction house back online, but we don't currently have an ETA to provide.
  • 05/31/2012 07:07 PMPosted by BaconSammich
    We're continuing to work on bringing commodity trading via the auction house back online, but we don't currently have an ETA to provide.

Thank you.

How about why did they take it down in the first place ?

It was taken offline for performance and stability reasons. The sheer amount of commodity trading was further impacting general item sales. We've been working on some optimizations for the auction house so that it may better handle the number of listings and transactions taking place.
  • My inner skeptic says that commodities were removed for gameplay/future-patch reasons, and not technical ones.

As is, crafting is obsolete. I foresee crafting being improved upon, and I'm somehow associating that with the reason commodities are still offline.

^______^

Your inner skeptic probably wants to take a nap. I assume it's gotta be tired from always having to decode everything that's already written in plain English.

This isn't X-Files, dude. I'm not a smoking man lurking in the shadows. We're talking video games.