Game Master Contact In-Game

• Hello Blizzard,

I would really love some help with a blue post on this topic... I've been contacted by a Game Master via a whisper twice now saying that my Plug-In is different to usual and I need to authenticate my account details or my account will be suspended and I have been given a link to a website, I've gone on the website to fill out the details the first time when asked as the website looked like the real deal but I got the message again the next day and now im suspicsious and haven't written in my details a second time... I have now changed my password to my account as I asked in general chat whether its legit or a scam and everyone told me its a scam so I wont listen to the game master whisper again, I am lucky because I have had a authenticator added to my account since day one. Will this protect me from this scam? I just really want a blue post stating an opinion about this new ''scam'' going round and whether it is or not to be trusted and if an anthenticator should prevent account hacks...

Please give me your thoughts Blizzard...

Thanks,
    Pipsqueaks
  • It is indeed a scam attempt Pipsqueaks and you should report such behaviour using the in-game interface. Here's how you can tell:
      Except possibly in extremely rare circumstances, our customer support team do not interact with Diablo III players in-game. We use the Battle.net Support Site for that.Such information will always be delivered to you via e-mail, so check there if you are unsure.Your account should never need to be closed due to suspicious activity mid-session, it will happen automatically during the log-in process and you will know that it's true because you won't be able to access your account.

While the Authenticator is certainly going to help your cause, we would highly recommend performing a security sweep on your computer(s) just to be on the safe side. While most of these fake sites are designed to simply 'phish' for account details, there is always the possibility of your system being infected with potentially malicious spyware during the visit.
  • Well, it's being going on since the dawn of on-line gaming Pipsqueaks. Pretty much every MMO and popular on-line game ever released has had them. In Diablo III it's a relatively new (and currently quite rare thanks to the existence of the Real Money Auction House) phenomenon but we were prepared for the possibility.

For example, if you report the incident in-game, that entire account will be ignored for the duration of your play session. If we receive multiple reports from different players about the same account, the account will be completely muted until the chat logs are reviewed by an agent. If we confirm the account has done something wrong, then action will be taken, up to and including complete account closure depending on the circumstances.
  • It's completely fake Dagmar. Report it as spam in-game and carry on with your demon slaying in Sactuary. =)
  • Sure, although the spam report is the most important as it will expedite the resulting action and help reduce the amount of potential damage the account can do.
  • Hello TheFlash,

Here you go https://battle.net/support/games/diablo3

Kind regards

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Kiemmaki