Can't install Diablo 3 with Mountain Lion Mac

• Hi,
    after the last patch, my diablo 3 stack in the "initalizing page" so, i decide to unistall and reinstall on my mac.

But now, doesn't want to install anymore, always stay on 0% for hours..

I'm using Mac with last Mountain Lion X
  • This should be resolved with today's tools patch.

Start up the launcher as normal. When prompted for your admin username/password, please enter your credentials. This will allow Agent to fully update and resolve the issue.
  • What specifically happens when you attempt to install the game?

Try deleting the Battle.net folder located in Users/Shared and see if this helps.
  • Can you attempt to install one more time? When the install does not go though, please send me your system information.

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
    Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
      1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
      2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
      3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
      1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
      2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
      3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
      1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
      2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
      3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
      1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
      2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
  • Akhnott - So, you're not able to reinstall since the the tools patch caused the initialize issue on the launcher, and you're attempting to reinstall now?

I see you're attempting to install it with a DVD. Can you delete the Battle.net folder in Users/Shared and try the digital installer from Battle.net?
  • Try creating a new administrator and attempt to install via Safe Mode and see if it helps.

Creating a new admin account: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/creating-a-new-administrator-account-mac

Starting up into Safe Mode (to Safe Boot)
      1. Be sure your Mac is shut down.
      2. Press the power button.
      3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
      4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).
      5. Once the login screen appears, make sure it has Safe Boot/Safe Mode displayed. This indicates you've done the steps properly.
      6. Login and attempt to install/patch. Once you are done, simply restart the Mac to leave Safe Mode.
  • @JFINCH22- Can you describe to me exactly what is happens for your install?
  • Can you send me your Battle.net Logs? This should be less than 2MB after you trim it. The instructions are below.

1. Navigate to Users/Shared
      2. Right-click the Battle.net folder and select Copy Battle.net
      3. Right-click anywhere on the Desktop and select Paste item.
      4. Go into each sub folder (Agent, Agent.[build], Client, Blizzard Launcher.[build], Setup) in the new Battle.net folder on your desktop and delete the any following:
      Any Agent.app (the application itself)Any Blizzard Launcher.app (the application itself)Error ReporterAny World of Warcraft, Diablo III or StarCraft II Setup files5. Now right-click the Battle.net folder and select Compress "Battle.net"

Now you can email the compressed (zip) file to macsupport@blizzard.com. This way I have all your logs and can investigate further. Make sure you put the URL and thread title in the body so I can know what issue we're talking about.
  • This sounds like a similar issue where a bad Diablo III.mfil file was cause issues. Can you try deleting that to see if it works Pelicashka? This is located in the D3 directory.

Also, do you ever get any crash reports that have a long string of letters and numbers?