Serious Lag After Update

• I am on a 27" Imac 2.8ghz Intel i5 core with 12gb of memory, ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024mb and a 15 MB internet connection. I never had this problem before the upgrade but I am lagging bad in battle.
  • Are you lagging like is high latency or low FPS?
  • Macbook Pro 15" 8gb ram, NVIDIA 9400m GPU, Intel Dual Core 2.26 CPU
    Most of the time my game runs fine but sometimes in a graphic intensive area or with lots of mobs on the screen i will get a 20+ fps drop and everything begins teleporting all over the place in stop motion, if i go back to town it still lags, sometimes restarting game helps but sometimes I have to restart comp and sometimes neither works.

Was this working prior to the update/hotfixes, or always happening? The original poster stated this only happens after the recent hotfix/tools update.
  • 05/24/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Aracknid
    It is much worse after the update, I forgot to mention I'm running on WinXP. Trying to clear Caverns of Areneae on nightmare but after I kill 2-3 packs of mobs I go slow mo :(

This is something that you may need to post in Windows forums. Any solutions here will be Mac oriented. I do know on Mac the 9400M has lower performance overall and it will be updated in the near future.
  • We're still researching the FPS issues and see if we can see what is going on. For the moment, can you try this and see if it helps?

Rebuild the Diablo III Cache
      1. Navigate to /Applications/Data_D3/PC/MPQs and delete the Cache folder.
      2. Then, navigate to Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent and delete the Agent.db file.
      3. Run the Diablo III Launcher and let the game update it's files.
      4. Press Play when you see Game is up to date