- It's our best passive, so everyone uses it. This interferes with making builds a lot. We essentially only have two passives to play with.
- It requires us(monks) to use an additional affix slot during searches for gear on the AH. This not only means we can't search for as many of the affixes that we want, but it also hugely limits the availability of gear we have to choose from.
- For each "specific" resist you have equipped, gain half of it as Resist All instead.
- Gain half your combined total of "specific" resists as Resist All instead.
- Rather than gaining "specific" resists, gain half of them as Resist All instead.
- Say your wearing gear that gives you 400 All Resist and 400(200) Physical Resist (the current method of using OWE). You would end up with 600 All Resist, instead of 800 from the current system.
- On the other hand, say you have gear that has 400 All Resist, 100(50) PhysR, 90(45) FireR, 60(30) ColdR, 70(35) LightR, and 80(40) ArcaneR. You would end up with 600 All Resist instead of 500 from the current system.
This gives us access to 5x more items on the AH! (For gear you would normally have AR+Resist on)
I fully support the idea of making us use certain items for certain builds, in fact I encourage it. BUT this is a very different situation. They all do the same thing with OWE so they don't feel unique. It just makes it more of a pain to use the AH, with no unique reward. This idea is a nerf and buff at the same time. A buff for the future in my opinion, but a subtle nerf temporarily.
In the end:
-The maximum potential OWE has isn't as high, but still good.
-We are less limited in gear options. We can search for that additional affix we wanted. We can find cheaper gear (equal to the other classes prices).
-We might end up not using OWE altogether, and have some fun with other passives without feeling like we gave up too much efficiency.
Just an idea at least