As the title suggests I'm curious about what's going to be the driving factor for us to kill elites (champions and rares) in RoS. Note that the devs are planning to get rid of Nephalem Valor since with the introduction of Adventure Mode and Nephalem Rifts, Nephalem Valor would seem even more like a real chore. It's purpose was in most part to eliminate the 30 seconds game sessions and having a 15-20 minute "warm up session" before we can really start playing the game is really tedious.
Edit: Source for the info - http://my.reddit.com...th_wyatt_cheng/
However in the live game a lot of people ignore elites as soon as they reach 5 stacks only klling a group if NV is about to expire.
As for the BlizzCon demo that was available there, we have the percentage bar that fills up with every few enemies killed, so a nasty champion pack might just delay our progress to reaching the 100% for the boss spawn and not seem like the most efficient way of farming the Rifts.
Also doing bounties will sometimes force people into ignoring elites because they are certainly not worth the effort, because you wish to finish up the bounties and start doing the Rift runs. Again maximum effieciency comes into play. Only when you are tasked with clearing a random dungeon, you will be forced to deal with the champion packs that spawn there.
So how will the devs make us want to really deal with the elite groups of monters? Obviously better item drops will suffice but in a way that's way too random. There are several ideas that come to my mind that will make you want to see what the elites are dropping:
1. Crafting Materials - raw crafting materials, increasing in quantity as you scale up the difficulty. All of the commodities in RoS will be BoA so they won't as easy to come by. Kind of like demonic essence functions right now.
2. Gems - same concept as with the crafting materials. But they might drop a higher quality gem than what is regularly dropped by a normal monsters on the live version. Let's say that there's a chance to get a Star Gem from an elite even though the highest possible drop is a Flawless Square. That or again a quantity incrase or both.
3. Better chance at getting Nephalem Rifts Key Stones - the devs talked about that the key stones will be aquired from finishing Bounties and as drop from monsters. Well, give the elites better chance at dropping those and we are shaking hands.
4. Decent experience gain - compared to what we have now on live the time it would take you to kills certain elites is simply not worth it with exp you will get from blasting through areas crowded with trash mobs.
5. All of the above.
So let's keep the discussion going:
1. What do you think will be a nice bonus for you to make you want to kill an elite pack?
2. Are you killing off every single elite pack in the live game or you tend to ignore it because that's not the most efficient way to play once you have 5 stacks on NV?
Obviosly when it comes to the most effiecient style of play, somethings will get ignored, in this case - elites. However I think that people should fee like they are rewarded for doing so and punished for the time and effort it took to take care of that Extra Health, Fast, Shielding, Teleportaion Blood Clan Occutist.
I also have this topic up on the battle.net forum, fishing for blues as you might think : http://us.battle.net...pic/10587168711
DoomscreamMember Since 08 Jun 2010
Online Last Active Today, 07:19 AM GMT
- Group News Reporter
- Active Posts 2414
- Profile Views 23235
- Member Title The Chronicler
- Age 22 years old
- Birthday May 19, 1991
Proving you wrong!
And Diablo related stuff of course.
- Skype koko1212