* Legendaries will still probably roll with random affixes in loot 2.0. So in addition to being potentially crap, the rarity chance will skyrocket. So potentially worse than the current situation. If there were another item class above legendary with fixed affix rolls (like D2 legendaries) this'd be viable. Could make them bind on pickup for the self-found epeen.
* Achievements with direct gameplay benefits won't happen. People will feel like they're "forced" to complete them.
* Legendary lore journal sounds like a neat idea. Not sure it's worth the development time/cost though. I've gone through the journal entries only once and that was only on the first playthrough.
* The 50-500 NV stacks idea won't happen as it would severely discourage short playtimes (eg: lunch breaks, parents, casual players etc). Legendaries with NV stack multipliers will just become mandatory gear swap items you keep permanently in your inventory.
* Having too many different types of elemental crafting materials is problematic with inventory space. You also have the extremely large development problem of trying to make them all useful (and somewhat balanced). Just look at Fiery Brimstones now, and multiply that by 7.
* Hunting uniques for rare drops is a very bad idea. If you've ever tried to complete the "A Unique Collection" achievement you'll probably know what I mean. Unless of course they greatly increase the spawn rates.
* Quadrupling your character's inventory won't happen as there's 2 problems: more database storage (network infrastructure, HDDs etc) & trivializes inventory management. Not even sure this is needed for salvage-derived crafting mats as crafting NPCs can now use the stash, so essentially this only really affects picked up gems.
* Streamlining lower level gems is a waste of time. Once players hit inferno, they no longer care about them. Higher level gems dropping won't happen as it's meant to be a gold/gem sink.
* I like the legendary upgrade idea. Just nitpicking, but with the proposed tightened rolls the upgrade range will likely be smaller.
* Rune weapons are awesome. Or maybe even droppable runestones that you can slot into weapons.
Edited by Qwertyface, 21 July 2013 - 10:57 PM.