Current participants: https://docs.google....xXbmlTVkE#gid=0
[US] Tournament• Sign up by posting your BattleTag/Character Class in this topic.
• Knockout style, 16 player bracket tournament. Class Vs. Class. 1 on 1.
• Prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place of each class.
• Each class's bracket will have maximum 5 alternates, in case a player that has entered is no longer available.
• The tournament will begin on the live server once all bracket slots are filled.
--- Players are given a 30 minute window to appear for their duel before disqualification (DQ).
• Results of each duel will be posted in this topic along with upcoming matches with estimated time frames before they start [so players can be ready for their duel].
Dueling• Duels will be 1v1 with 1 referee per game.
• Duels are best of 5.
• Characters enter the Scorched Chapel on the ref’s count. Dueling will begin once both players say g from inside the Scorched Chapel.
• Once a duel has started, players cannot leave the dueling area until a player has died. (The leaving player is DQ’d for the round)
• After each duel, there’s a 15 second period until the next duel will start on the refs count. This will allow players to re-spec/gear between rounds.
--- Players not entering the Scorched Chapel at the 15 second mark will receive a DQ for the round (unless extension discussed with opponent and referee).
Miscellaneous• Players cannot dye their gear-set invisible.
--- Referees will have their gear dyed all invisible to be distinguishable from players.
• If you can stream without causing yourself handicap, PLEASE DO!
• Winning the tournament will grant you free access to the next tournament held. Champions will also receive a Scorched Emblem denoting their domination of the tournament.
• Current Sign ups list (ignore the @jsp): https://docs.google....LWlrYUxXbmlTVkE
• Current donated prize pool (ignore the @jsp): https://docs.google....eFZzR3RpbS1YdGc
Winners of each class bracket will then go up against the other class winners in best of 5’s.
This is to see if one class has a clear (dis)advantage vs. all others.
Each match will be streamed either by referee or dueling player, so watch for stream links in this topic. Although, not all matches can be watched without referee getting in the way (Like Wiz v. Wiz). We apologize in advance for not tracking those duels.
Tournament hosted by players, supported by the community.
Post here with any questions/issues or PM me directly.
Edited by ZzEzZ, 13 February 2013 - 05:29 AM.