Doing many alkaizer's lately and testing different specs i got annoyed by having to run some stopwatch program and excel spreadsheets (they are a true hassle) to be able to calculate my farm efficiency. In straight response to this I decided to write an application that will do all these things for me, saving as much time as possible.
Download (version 1.0.1)
Download (version 1.0.2)
- Reworked "arrow button" mechanics, now not only replaces first field with second field and clears second field but also restarts the stopwatch. You only need to press one button before starting next run
- Now "arrow button" won't work if second field is empty, throwing prompt instead
- Stats window and main window are now merged, Stats are also refreshed with every "Save" command
- "Show data.txt" button added
- Now empty lines in data.txt do not cause errors, they are ignored instead
- Paragons are now implemented, if you put lower XP value in second textbox it will count as getting next paragon lvl and XP will be properly subtracted ( you have to fill paragon textbox though, or it will work like in previous versions cuz program won't be able to calculate how much XP you need to advance )
- If Paragon textbox is filled, program generates file "profile.ini" which will store your last paragon and XP setting every time you use "Save" command. Program also fills Paragon and XPBefore textboxes with data stored in "profile.ini" on every launch.
- If Paragon textbox is filled, now also "Paragon-related" section in Stats appears showing you some additional info
How does it work:
quick look at GUI:
NOTE: Before using this app it's best to change Diablo3 setting from Fullscreen to Windowed Fullscreen, this way you will be able to ALT+TAB in more efficient manner.
So first of all you have a standard stopwatch that's ticking every second, no explanation needed here - you can stop it, resume it, and reset it, simple.
Second of all you got this "Advanced" section which allows you to save your run data into file and then display the most important statistics. Due to assumptions of this solution XP(in millions)/hour is the most reliable measure for describing farm efficiency that will allow you to easily compare one spec with another, leading to optimization of your farming abilities.
if your intuition is not enough you should read this: (these were for 1.0.0 if something doesn't apply, check patchnotes)
- first of all you fill "XP before run" textbox with how many million of XP(not total XP points) you currently have, examples: "40,3", "50,6", "30" (do not use "."). Another example: you have 5 200 000 XP - you shall put 5,2 into the box.
- second of all you fill "XP after run" in the same manner (it has to be higher than previous)
- when you click "Save" it will add one row of data to "data.txt" which will include your current Stopwatch setting and the result of subtracting XPbefore from XPafter. You can delete that row manually and do whatever you want, but remember not to mess up with file structure or statistics will get bugged as a consequence
- that arrow button is something you use between runs to overwrite your XPbefore with XPafter and clear XPafter to save your time
- statistics are self-explainatory i guess
Edited by thormond, 05 December 2012 - 06:25 PM.