Switched from Monk to WD - a few questions.
Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:50 PM
I kinda figured out the build and the stats to go for, Im not sure about a few things - would be lovely if any of you could help me out. (http://eu.battle.net...98/hero/5554769)
1) Any suggestions for gear/stats direction are welcome, also general opinion of my build would be helpful. If you'd have any ideas for relatively cheap (or not super-cheap, but obvious and long-lasting) upgrades Id appreciate it. (I will be crafting Hellfire ring soonish)
2) Im not exactly sure whats the range on Bears - they sometime seem to run quite far, most of the time staying rather close though. Using them can be a pain sometimes for a newbie like me, but their damage seems too good to replace them with anything. Any tips on how to use them effectively?
3) Acid Cloud seems a bit of an overkill in terms of amount of skills used for damage - I have no problems killing things with just Wall/Bears and occasional m1 if mana is lowish for a moment. But I couldnt find a skill good enough to replace it - Im not a fan of long cooldowns, although I wont be stubborn enough to simply not use them if they are worth it.
4) Would that build be effective for ubers (given better gear) or is there some other way WDs deal with them? Similar question for Reflect packs (and Breaker) - I usually just Spirit Walk, get in range and spam Bears, my Life Steal is low and doesnt really help much if Im AOEing that kind of pack - any better way of dealing with those?
5) Is Gargantuan useful on higher MP levels or should I get used to some other skill in his place? Smiliar question goes for Pierce the Veil - would much better gear make it obsolete, assuming I could just spam Bears endlessly PtV, or should I just keep it for higher burst, but possibly lower sustainable damage?
I think thats all for now, thanks in advance for any help you guys could provide, really appreciate it.
Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:24 PM
2) To use bears effectively you need to get in close. Make sure your resists and health are high enough, and that you have ample LoH and/or leech. At your damage you should start to see the benefits of leech, but you may need a little LoH until your damage goes up more - personal preference. I also find that if I click on top of myself the bears can go in 3 different directions, so I always make sure to click a bit away in the direction I want them heading.
3) Beats me, the only spells I have loaded that can do real damage are bears and garg. Once you have leech you don't need a ranged spell. Try loading dogs with the leech rune in place of wall, they'll occuply monsters much better and heal you a bit.
4) Not sure about ubers, I don't think the hellfire ring is worth it. For reflect packs I SW which is 3 seconds of bears (Jaunt rune), then I horrify + FA for the armor bonus and keep casting bears. Having jungle fortitude loaded helps, as does having good resists. And leech is necessary. On mp5 I don't have to stop spamming bears, but on 6+ I do need to actually start paying attention.
5) I found the garg to be better at higher MP levels. It takes hits better than dogs, it has an AoE which gets more aggro than dogs, and the more pets the better at higher MP levels where you'd prefer not to get hit much. The garg also does decent damage, so you can view it as a passive damage booster as well (sorta like mini-PtV). I eventually replaced my left-click with it, since I had no other room and using darts is a joke at higher MPs. I never had much luck with PtV. Perhaps with mana regen in every available slot, with minus charger cost in whatever slots you can get it, and with Blood Ritual, you might make it work. But that's more trouble than I want to go through. It's like a scrifice or pile-on build - It looks fun, but I'm not changing all my gear to make it work.
Edited by Bilge, 16 November 2012 - 07:34 PM.
Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:10 PM
Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:25 PM
One more question though, if I choose to go for ubers Id assume replacing Grave Injustice with Jungle Fortitude would be good, then should I also switch Gruesome Feast with for example Spirit Vessel?
Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:17 PM
Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:29 AM
2) You can extend bears range by facing your back to a wall, line bears if you use angles, be carefull with reflect damage, it may demolish you even with lifesteal.
4) For ubers i use sacrifice with pride, spirit walk with honored guest, 104 mana regen, tribal rites, blood ritual and spirit vessel, with that you have a perfect rotation that allows you to spam bears 24/7(i have 1,6 attack speed) and humiliate any other guy on your party
5) I think zombie dogs are much better than gargantua for late monster power, they can absorb 10% of the damage you have taken or give you a small but helpfull life leech.
Edited by carlucio, 17 November 2012 - 12:37 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users