I have cleared hardcore yesterday and wanted to share some info with you. I know that it is not a big deal anymore and many people have done it so this is not a bagging or epeen thread, but I did it with some additional rules of my own for more fun and challenge and here it is:
1. One attempt only. Had I lost a character, I would've never created a new one. I chose a monk, cause I never had one in softcore. (http://eu.battle.net...5/hero/20304163)
2. No farming. I have only moved forward and never went back to farm a location I have cleared before.
3. No AH flipping. Sure I used the AH to sell what I found and buy new gear, but I have never purchased an item cheap to sell it high.
4. No AH sniping. And what I mean by that is that when I needed to buy an item I just went to the AH and got the best deal that was currently availaable. I didn't wait for it, didn't bid any items, just go - search - buy now.
So here are some fun facts about my clear:
- I have gotten to inferno middle of act 2 in 1.0.4, and cleared the rest in 1.0.5.
- found ONE legendary on my way. (complete piece of crap, ilvl 60)
- 1,531 elite kills - this is the number you get for full game clear, with some random dungeons on the way, but zero farming.
- Ghom is the hardest part of the game.
- 2 near death experiences (both in act 2 inferno)
- 4 disconnects, including 2 in inferno and one right next to elites - luckily all were in act 1, so no big deal
- once I hit lvl 60, I had 1.2kk gold that I made just from picking it up and selling gear I have found on my own.
- I still have 1.8kk gold after finishing the game
- found this on my way (still not sold, currently listing it @ 300kk)
To sum it all up, it is possible to go through all the content without ever stopping to farm and do it with a class you never played before. I'm pretty sure many of you think that a real challenge would be to do it with self found gear only and I cannot agree more - but I'll try that another time maybe
Edited by piterek2003_new, 13 November 2012 - 07:12 AM.