Patch 1.0.4 had a lot of visual changes including a few class abilities as well as some monster affix changes. Make sure to check out the undocumented changes thread and post anything you find!
- Mortar now shows where each mortar will impact.
- Molten has had a few visual changes and shows its radius before exploding fully.
- Frozen bombs now show their area of effect.
Official Game Guide Has Been Updated
The official game guide has been updated with all the new legendaries! Keep in mind you can link to these on Diablofans for the Blizzard tooltips! (Crazy over-sized tooltip warning ahead.)
We already know any +exp item will help you gain experience for paragon levels. However Lylirra hit the forums to clarify again what experience counts. Don't forget to see how much experience it will take you to get to level 100!
Originally Posted by Blue Tracker / Official Forums)(
Things that grant Paragon experience:
- Killing monsters
- Completing combat challenge streaks
- Lore journals
Originally Posted by
Lylirra, why were party buff icons removed next to party member character portraits? I really miss them and it made my life much better.
Checked with our UI designer, and -- just working on off the little bit of information you've provided -- this doesn't appear to be an intended change. Would you be willing to post in the Bug Report forum so that our QA representatives can document it? Any additional details you could provide in that forum would be much appreciated, too. :) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
2H tooltips & Archon Glitch
Lyllira, now the tooltip for 2 handed weapon is wrong again. It only shows difference between 2 handed weap. and main hand weap., instead of both.
Anyway, I'm maining a wizard and I've noticed in CO-OP games, when I activate archon and die, I'll be resurrected into Archon form. And when Archon finishes, I'll get to cast it again for free.
Can you two go ahead and post over in the Bug Report forum? It's the best place to report any issues or inconsistencies you believe you've found with the game. :) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Why is horrify not umbrella'd under tribal rights, but mass confusion is? They seemingly serve the same function and are both spirit spells.
There is a subtle difference, actually. Horrify can already be reduced by Spirit Vessel, and we felt that was sufficient. We also already reduced the cooldown on Horrify from 20 seconds to 16 seconds.
why is there no shield with resource regen, dps offhands have them, I dont understand why this would present imbalances...
We try to be sparing with affixes which appear on items that are used by multiple classes, and more willing to put resource regen on items that are class-specific. This is also the reason that class-specific affixes that appear on generic items tend to be rarer.
Does the gem for exp boost count for paragon levels?
Well, gather up those rubies, because the +XP on both gems and gear will indeed benefit Paragon! You might be interested to know that Nephalem Valor will also provide a 15% bonus to XP per stack, which is also applicable to Paragon leveling.
Also in the future, please kindly avoid bumping posts, as it can get a bit spammy. :) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Legendaries Dyeable? & More
It's something we'd love to do for the future. As we stated previously, there are some technical limitations we need to overcome first before we can really move forward with Legendary dyes, but we agree it would be awesome and are looking for the right solutions to make it happen.
Since proc-coefficients play such a pivotal role in how skills work (for LoH, AP on Crit, Legionaries, ..etc..) would it be possible to get a definitive page on this site which lists them and is updated any time a change is made?
I actually saw a thread yesterday which included a similar request (this one). It was a reasonable suggestion, so I passed it along to our Web team for review. They thought it would be cool to include that information into the Game Guide and said they'd see what they could do. :)
Granted, it's not a guarantee that the information will be added, or that it will be added any time soon, but we're definitely going to look into the suggestion and figure if/how/when we can accommodate it.
I know I only said 2 questions but heres a final one... do Molten and/or Desicrator ignore armor or resist and is this by design or a bug?
Molten and Desecrator damage is affected (i.e. reduced) by Armor and Resistances. Just keep in mind that environmental hazards can hit you multiple times if you stand in the targeted area and don't move out quickly enough. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
More on the AH
So the item compare tooltip will ONLY come up in recommended items page, but not when you're searching for items through filters and such?
We're simply updating the Recommend Items page to match what normal searches already do. Just like you'll see two tooltips whenever browsing through items that are returned in the search results window -- one for the item you're hovering over, and one for the item you're currently wearing in that slot -- you'll now see the same whenever looking at recommended items. While these are known as item compare tooltips, they do not have the ↑/↓ arrows (for Damage, Life, and Protection) like you're thinking.
We've talked about adding the ↑/↓ tooltips into the auction house, though. It's something we'd love to do, but there are a number of technical hurdles that we have to overcome first before that can happen. We don't really have a lot of details to share, but we agree that it would be a great feature to add to the AH.
I don't understand this point, what does it mean? "maximum stack"="minimum stack" does make sense, is that a typo? :| And if that's true does the second part mean 1m = 0.25€ ?
Only the stack size has changed for gold listings (increased from 100,000 to 1,000,000); all other numbers have stayed the same. The minimum price per stack is still the same, and you will still be limited to 100 total stacks. I've updated the main post slightly to make that bullet more clear.
This will only apply to gold auctions made after the patch, by the way. Gold auctions that already exist when 1.0.4 hits will only be valued at 100,000 gold per stack.
What about searching for blind on amulets?
Just checked, and this is actually making 1.0.4. Looks like it got bumped up! Added to the main post.
Also, will damage be searchable on amulets/rings/off-hands? What about block chance on shields?
Not in 1.0.4, but it is something we're working on. It's currently scheduled for the 1.1.0 patch, and the change will allow you to search for block % on shields.
You forgot a period a the end of the last paragraph. I demand a refund.
Here is your one period back, plus interest: ...
;) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
1.0.4 Known Issues
Originally Posted by Official Forums)(
- The text for achievement "Swing that Bloody Hammer!" says to craft items with the following 15 properties, but there are only 14 properties listed.
- Some players are still reporting that they have completed some achievements but have not earned them. We are reviewing accounts on a case-by-case basis, so please continue to be patient. This is not an issue that affects everyone.
- Chance on Hit items are not returned correctly when using the Min Value filter.
- Existing auctions from before 1.0.4 with no bids cannot be canceled. Trying will result in an "Error: This auction has an Active bid" even though this is not correct. The auction should expire as normal however.
- The Paragon Portrait is not centered on the fanfare for Paragon Portrait unlock.
- Dead hardcore characters display their headstone on the minimap.
- If you are feared while channeling a movement skill power (Teleport, etc), you will be unable to use said power after fear wears off.
- Demon Hunter - Rapid Fire: Starting a channel at max possible range can cause the channel to interrupt itself and attempt to close towards the mouse cursor.
- Demon Hunter - Rapid Fire: The stream of arrows may not be synced with the Demon Hunter's position in multiplayer.
- Demon Hunter - Strafe: Drifting Shadow can cause you to rubber band at low hatred when casting it with high attack speed and/or latency.
- Demon Hunter - Strafe and Rapid Fire: Casting Rapid Fire while Strafe is active will not interrupt the Strafe attack.
- Demon Hunter: Interrupting Strafe with Rapid Fire causes incorrect animation overlap and continues to channel Strafe.
- Demon Hunter: By using Fan of Knives with a quiver equipped but no weapon, then equipping a weapon, you can bug out your DPS such that you deal no damage at all to anything.
- Monk - Pacifism: When you are stunned and trapped by Diablo's Bone Cages, your damage isn't reduced by 75%.
- Monk - Sweeping Wind: If you cast Sweeping Wind and then switch your weapon, Sweeping Wind does not update.
- Witch Doctor - Zombie Handler: Zombie Handler's health buff does not dynamically update.
- Witch Doctor - Zombie Charger: Casting Zombie Bears can cause some of them to fork off instead of going straight.
- Witch Doctor - Firebomb: Roll the Bones variant can bounce through walls onto elevated terrain.
- Witch Doctor - Firebats: Dire Bats projectiles can fire in unexpected directions when the mouse cursor is very close to the character.
- Witch Doctor - Summon Zombie Dogs: Burning Dogs' DoT damage does not dynamically update with weapon changes.
- Wizard - Magic Missile: When used by a Female Wizard with a two-handed weapon that shares the same animations as the 2h staff, the skill will fire a different direction depending on which animation variant plays.
- Wizard - Hydra: If you have Life on Hit gear and your Hydra attacks the monster you will get no HP.
- Wizard - Arcane Torrent: The on start and constant cast indicator effects do not match the rune variant colors.
- Wizard - Arcane Dynamo: Casting Town Portal removes the buff granted by this passive.
- Several of the new Legendary items allow you to equip them a few levels lower than Required Level on the tooltip states.
- Ruby gems socketed to certain weapon types do not add the correct value to the weapon's maximum damage.
- The Minimum/Maximum Damage affix is calculating the damage bonus on weapons incorrectly. Your DPS will be very slightly lower than what it should be when using Minimum/Maximum Damage affixes.
- The Flying Molok can still go invisible and untargetable post-1.0.4.
- Diablo's Curse of Destruction does not specify damage type in the tooltip.
- Arcane Sentries can become desynchronized with the beam effect.
- Monsters with the Reflect Damage affix will reflect damage caused by Followers onto the player.
- Act 1 - Highlands Passage: It is possible to break the event "A Reputation Restored : Kill Dargon and the Deranged Cultist" by starting from the Cursed Hold checkpoint and going back to Highlands Passage.
- Act 1 - Highlands Passage: "A Reputation Restored : Kill Dargon and the Deranged Cultist" doesn't flag as complete if you kill Dargon while Kyr is playing his intro.
- Act 1 - Decaying Crypt Level 2: Killing Father Rathe, Mother Rathe, and Little Jebby Rathe just as they spawn may cause "The Family of Rathe : Kill the Rathe family" to fail to update, preventing event completion.
- Casting a channeled skill from your hot bar by clicking and holding down the skill with your mouse pointer results in a network disconnect.
- Switching from a Weapon to a Shield in your Offhand can cause your Attributes to show incorrect info for Damage.
- It is possible for certain machines to experience "stuttering" when all of the game's assets are fully loaded. Our testing has concluded on this issue and Blizzard hopes to have this resolved in a future patch.
- Running programs that put an overlay over Diablo III (such as Mumble, Xfire, and MSI Afterburner) can cause Diablo III to crash. Use these overlays at your own risk.
Pico brings us this weeks Blizzard News