As some people roaming the official DH forums might have seen already there is a project running to create the ultimate user-friendly D3 calculator. We have named this calculator in honor of our good friend: ERR37.
It is currently very much a work in progress, slowly building it up piece by piece. But we are getting there, having most basic implementations in there. These currently include:
- Basic damage calculation for Demon Hunter ( including archery, sharpshooter and steady aim )
- Adding items to a character, building them up stat by stat ( not all stats implemented yet )
- Saving and Loading of characters
- A seperated calcuator from the main application, allowing us to develop a Silverlight and possible a Mono for Android version in the future
You can download the latest version here by clicking this shiny yellow link!
Changes that include in this version:
- a. Fixed saving issue
- b. Fixed calculation error
- c. Fixed IAS from the Enchantress not working
- Passive Skill damage modifiers implemented for all classes
- Follower Buff support, for when you run with your Scoundrel or Enchantress
- Dual Wield support
- Better error handling
Should you run into an exception, you have the option to send us a report of the error.
This report includes data from the application namely:
The exception message.
Stacktrace of the exception.
Character data that you were working with.
Possible extra notes that the user would give us about what he was doing.
- A lot of UI changes, though minor, that should make handling the application easier
- We have an icon!
- You will be unable to load in save files from 0.3 without manually editing the save file! If you want to do this you can do the following:
Open the .e37 save file with notepad
Find the line where it says
"$type": "System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1[[DataContracts.Items.Item, DataContracts]], mscorlib",and change it with:
"$type": "System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1[[DataContracts.Items.IItem, DataContracts]], mscorlib",next for every item you wear you need to change every line where it says
"$type": "DataContracts.Items.Item, DataContracts",to this
"$type": "DataContracts.Items.Armor, DataContracts",Save the file and you should now be able to load it just fine in 0.4+.
- You can select any weapon as your dual wield target.
- You are not limited to 3 passive skills for your character
- Entering a % value for stats that use % the value turns into x.xx format whilst non % values do not.
- Character class and weapon type combobox lists are not localized yet and show enum values instead more human readable strings.
You can find our project, and the source for it aswell, over at our Google Code page. You are very much free to grab the source and mess around with it. Even better if you wish to contribute to the project, we are always on the lookout for help from other devs.
The project is currently maintained by:
- Dretar, our math genius
The application is written in C#. The current front end of the application is done in WPF. The Calculator itself is a class library with a Portable Class Library to communicate in between. This iwll allow us to add Silverlight and Mono for Android, any other .net front end to the calculator using the same code. The WPF client is using the Caliburn.Micro framework in conjuction with Ninject.
Edited by Nensec, 20 July 2012 - 05:58 AM.