I'm Dyril. Just letting everyone know about a browser-based damage calculator I've been working on with my girlfriend "YummyUnicornNinja."
You can check it out my site @ http://theasiangamer.com/
Permalink to Player Damage Calculator: Here. (up to date, p1.0.7)
Permalink to Follower Damage Calculator: Here. (out of date, p1.0.4)
Version 1.4, subject to improvements to the formulas, appearance, and other idea implementations:
- No spreadsheets, programs, or attachments: just visit the site, and if the post is not stickied, select the Damage Calculator option at the top menu.
- Usage: Compute your current and theoretical damage using input fields.
- Works for all classes, all followers, and all levels 1-60.
- Follow the italicized baby blue instructions per step from top to bottom, to find your player damage.
- Input gear data for followers.
- Very accurate for both single-wielding and dual-wielding. Allow for increased margin of error when it comes to weapons with +% damage, and some rings/amulets with incorrect min-max damage displays.
- You can save your current input information (if your browser cookies are enabled) up to 5 profiles. Data is stored client-side, and auto-expires after 35 days.
- After saving profiles, you can load them at a later date.
- Profile for Player and Follower are completely independent, to ensure no one messes up both at the same time.
Video Tutorial Illustrating a Practical Application of the Damage Calculator:
9/12/12: Added +% Elemental damage support, auto-Paragon calculation, changed design layout, standalone page.
8/22/12: Added integration for Paragon Levels and a new column for the new +Attacks per Second affix. Calculations work 99% for weapons, 0% for armor (just there for expansive thought in mind).
8/08/12: Added ability to pull data from Battle.net Character Profile Link (Prototype stage). You will have to edit your weapon damage ranges for now for more accurate results, and manually select buffs/input most set bonuses.
8/08/12: Added additional display for Damage Change for exact marginal % gain or loss.
8/07/12: Added ability to convert profiles to links. Requires a saved profile for it to function properly.
7/21/12: Added display for average damage per hit for main/off weapons.
7/18/12: Added Dynamic Stat Equivalencies to Player Damage Calculator.
7/15/12: Added new Follower Damage/Gear Comparison Calculator.
7/02/12: v1.3: changed layout significantly from v1.1. Also added many many more class abilities and tooltips. Some not yet implemented, those that aren't implemented yet have not been personally tested yet. Once I feel confident about the math, we'll put them in.
6/21/12: v1.2: added a maximum of 5 profiles to be saved (for 15 days), added old damage + new damage + change in damage at the bottom, added column for primary stat inputs for all items, added compatibility for any level, added new tooltips and color-coded columns
6/14/12: added optional check box for enchantress buff. (Note: if using while dual-wielding, there will still have rounding error with small margin of 5-10 damage but still pretty close.)
6/14/12: added temporary-looking buttons for Load Saved Data, Save Data, and Delete Saved Data. (Must have cookies enabled and saved for it to work its full 7 day lifespan.)
6/13/12: added mouseover tooltips if you're unsure where/what the input field is describing.
Edited by Dyril, 08 March 2013 - 06:27 PM.