The First unlock on the mini site has been unlocked! Game Director Jay Wilson, Art Director Christian Lichtner, and Lead Software Engineer Jason Regier sat down last spring to discuss the state of Diablo III development in this exclusive first video installment of Developer Diaries.
Darkness Falls. Heroes Rise - Barbarian
Today starts the first day of the Barbarian on the Diablo III promotional site. You will have until Tuesday to unlock the Barbarians sigil for your own. With this, also comes to release of the short story for the Barbarian, make sure to check it out!
As always, a few things to keep in mind if you're still not fully sure how this site works.
- If all you care about is unlocking your sigil, Simply go HERE, Select Barbarian, Next, Next, Enter your nickname and Battle.net email and check box in TOS, next and you're done!
- Email notifications are now working, so make sure to check that!
- You can enter as many times as you want for the hero of the day contest.
- How you customize your banner DOES NOT affect what you unlock. You are only unlocking the class sigil.
A Look At Patch 16 - New Runed Skills
Three Runed skills got moved around this patch, allowing access to Thunderclap, Numb, and Unbreakable Grasp. There are still more patch 16 changes to come!
2,000,000 Likes on Official Diablo Facebook
Diablo's Facebook page hit 2,000,000 likes today! With that, they released some pictures you can add to your timeline!
More Information on "Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise" Mini Site
Blizzard took the time to answer some concerns players were having with the mini site. Make sure to give it a quick look over. If you have more questions that are not answered in this, or any of the FAQs posted on the site, post them in that thread! Here are some quick highlights.
- Even though you may have not got a confirmation email, they got all the submissions
- Due to the mass amount of submissions, not all will be shown in the gallery.
- If your image is added to the gallery, you will be notified by an email
- They do not verify Battle.net Email address, so make sure you type it right!
- The Progress bar is now working correctly, and you should see it updated more
- Read Below for ALL the information!
Originally Posted by Official Forums)(
The site was very unstable the first few days of launch and I wasn’t receiving confirmation emails that I’d successfully claimed a sigil. Why didn’t you extend the time the demon hunter was active?
- Even though confirmation emails weren’t being sent, we did receive all submissions made during the period when our mailer wasn’t working. If you’re worried your submission wasn’t received and that hero is no longer available, fret not, there will be a period at the end of the promotion where you’ll be able to claim any sigils you might’ve missed.
- While we’ve had no problems receiving all of your banner submissions, we experienced an issue that prevented us from being able to update the gallery on the website. This should now be fixed and you can expect to see new faces in the gallery (maybe even your own!) much more frequently.
- As we’re receiving hundreds of thousands of images, not all submissions will be posted on the website.
- If your image is selected for display in our gallery, you’ll receive an email letting you know.
- We experienced an issue during the first few days of the promotion where our mailer was not properly sending confirmations to participants. As of April 9 this has been fixed; however, rest assured that this didn’t prevent us from receiving submissions prior to April 9. If you’re still worried about not receiving the sigil, you’re welcome to submit another entry in order to get a confirmation email. There will be a brief period at the end of the promotion where you’ll be able to obtain sigils you might’ve missed.
- The website doesn’t verify your email address is valid at the time you make a banner image submission, so make sure you type it in carefully! You’ll receive a Mark of Valor confirmation email shortly after submitting your picture.
- The automated email will come from email@example.com. If you’re worried about whether or not an email is legitimate, just know that no action is required on your part if you receive an email from this address (you won’t be asked to reply or click on any links).
- This is an issue we fixed very recently. Share your image with the world now!
- There was initially an issue that prevented the progress indicator from properly reflecting participant activity on the site. This has been fixed and you should see the progress indicator update more frequently.
- We’re keeping records of all the Battle.net accounts which have claimed each sigil. Within the first couple of weeks of Diablo III’s release (May 15), we’ll be processing all of these accounts and flagging them to unlock the appropriate sigils. The bonus sigils will automatically appear for those who unlocked them in the banner customization screen in-game.
Don't forget that sinks are only half of the equation. Drop rates are the other half.
I rather like how the game is currently tuned with regard to the drop rate of gold. Leveling a character past 20, then 35, then 50, I find that I never have enough gold to do everything I want to do. I always have to pick, say, two out of four things that you spend gold on (leveling up blacksmith, leveling up jeweler, buying replacement gear from merchants, repairing the gear you've got because you keep coming across nightmarish extra-life vampirics...) and I'm left with the feeling that I don't have any gold, because I don't.
I can't really imagine farming for gold before level 60, and the funny thing about that is - it's when your repair costs are the highest.
You know the problem for many players is not decissions while leveling but the "endgame". At some point you will level each artisan, stash and hmmm you will left with repairing and eventually AH. What then ?
Then, you have to play smart. You have to make gold drop much faster than you're spending it on repairs. Also, moving gems around. *There's* a gold sink no one ever talks about. I love moving gems around. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Wrath of the Berserker
I think you mean Wrath of the Berserker.
I can't really dispute personal tastes in aesthetics, because they're personal tastes. If you don't like it all I can recommend is waiting to see if there's a rune variant that whets your whistle. It's very likely there is. If not, then maybe it's just not a skill you want to use. Due to the variety of skills and their overlap I suspect plenty of people will pick skills based on aesthetics, or at least the 'feel' of them, over flat power differences.
But anyway, bottom line is you're wrong and it's super awesome looking. ;) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Account Activation Once a Week
Beta access will be provided to those that signed up at PAXEast in the next wave of account activations that happen, which are roughly about once a week. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
How to Unlock the Promotional Site
“Sharing” and “liking” content is really the biggest thing you can do that will help speed things along. Not only can you create a banner to earn an exclusive in-game sigil each week, but there are loads of banner entries to share and like in the Mark of Valor Gallery and we’re adding more all the time!
You can also share the pages for each Diablo III hero class as they are unlocked, which presently includes the demon hunter andbarbarian.
Another place to get involved is the Art Contest Gallery. There you can share and like the great artwork that is just starting to pour in from fan artists from near and far. They are certainly pumped to take a stab at illustrating heroes from the world of Sanctuary and to share their creations with Diablo players from around the world. Want to have a chance to see your own artwork up on the website? Grab those pens, pencils, and paints, submit your original art, and share your passion with us!
Spread the good word and remember to check back frequently to indulge in all of the new content and submissions we have rolling in, and to ensure you’ve done all you can to help move that percentage meter along. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Like the future of Sanctuary, it’s very much in the hands of you, the players. :)
Is http://reveal.diablo3.com region sensitive? Because I dont remember opening an EU link particularly :o
Yeah it'll auto-detect where you're coming from, same as our homepages. (Source)