Diablofans is looking to recruit some new mods! Your job will be to help the current mod staff keep the forums neat and tidy according to the forum guidelines. Here are a few general things to go over.
- Do not apply if you have a short temper. You will be expected to handle things calmly, not just ban and warn everyone. Sometimes it's more beneficial to talk or work things out. Use good judgement.
- Do not apply if you only plan to stick around for a month or two. This is a volunteer job so I don't expect you to be online all the time but we need active mods.
- You will be expected to take part in discussions and be active in the community. We do have a leave of absence thread though to let us see you are on vacation, busy with finals, cats on fire, etc.
- We do not limit you to one section. You will have the choice of moderating anywhere you see that needs it. It's fine if you choose to mainly stick to a few sections just take a peek at others when you have time.
- Having warnings will not exclude you from being chosen but it does of course lessen your chances if it's a significant warning.
- We have a staff IRC that we would like you to be in, we have cookies in there. In your application be sure to include things you feel are relevant such as your history with the game, your history with online communities, your history working as a team with others, any other applicable skills or information you can think of.
Results for Currency-Based AH for HC
You may remember the tweet Jay Wilson sent out about maybe allowing RMAH for hardcore players if there was enough demand for it. A poll was placed on the official forums and players voiced their opinions on the matter. The results are now in.
Originally Posted by
results are split. As many seem to hate as love the idea. We still plan gold only at ship. Too late to change now. (Source)
Diablo 3 Pre-Order Info & Blue Posts
Time Servers Will Be Live
- They currently do now know if everyone will need to wait till 12 PST for servers to go up (Source)
- Digital pre-orders will be able to download the game client and be ready to play the second the game is available. (Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- The download should be as close to complete, beside a small patch, to be ready to played right away. (Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- The free Diablo III with WoW annual pass is digitally added to the same account as your WoW account. (Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- You can pre-download the client as many times as you want on as many computers as you want. (Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- There is no digital download if your are getting the Collector's Edition. (Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- You can upgrade your account to Collector's Edition without wiping your characters.(Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- You can download the game client before you pick-up your Collector's Edition although it won't save much time with the un-encryption. (Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- Many retailers are already sold out of their Collector's Editions. (Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- There will be a full slate of updates coming to the official website between now and May 15. (Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- You can find the system requirements here. (Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- You can only have one Diablo III license per Battle.net account. (Blue Tracker/Official Forums)
- Information on Acts will not be updated on the official site until release. (Source)
- There are still no plans for an open beta before release. (Source)
- Only a .1% chance of a delay at this point. (Source)
As of our current internal build, you can't move a skill to another location on your action bar while it is on cooldown. In addition, you cannot remove a skill from your action bar while it is on cooldown.
I imagine that these changes made it into Beta Patch 15, but if not, let me know here :) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Diablo: The Order Cover Art
The cover art for the upcoming Diablo novel was revealed a little while ago. The novel is written by Nate Kenyon and it will focus on Deckard Cain and the 8 year old Leah, scouring the world of Sanctuary for possible remnants of the Horadrim. The book is scheduled to be released on May 15th , you can pre-order you own copy from Amazon.com.
Now a much older man, Deckard Cain is on a mission to find the remnants of a rumored Horadric cell, and must call upon all of his knowledge and wit to teach and inspire those around him even as they face danger and death at every turn. Can he lead the return of a ragtag group of Horadrim and their ideals to Sanctuary…or will they die out with Cain himself?
Here we have a small excerpt from the novel, this means you are now entering the Spoiler Area, so if you don't like spoilers, you should just skip this.
Edited by Molster, 18 March 2012 - 10:32 PM.