While making my last Witch Doctor video, I noticed some odd behavior regarding the Circle of Life passive skill. I'll include the video so you guys can see it and I intend to put a post on the official forums to see if I can get a Blizzard Blue response about it.
- Circle of Life does not increase Zombie Dog limit: Circle of life can be used in conjunction with the Summon Zombie Dogs skill, but it will not allow you exceed the maximum limit of Summon Zombie Dogs.
- Circle of Life inherits Zombie Dog runes: If you slot Summon Zombie Dogs with any runestone and have less than 3 (or 4 based on your passives) dogs, then the Zombie Dog that gets summoned will have the same properties of your Summon Zombie Dogs skill
- Circle of Life can be used without Summon Zombie Dogs: You can get Zombie Dogs while using Circle of Life, but not having the Summon Zombie Dogs skill attached. Circle of Life will still operate on the same rules as the Summon Zombie Dogs skill. In other words, you can still have up to 3 or 4 dogs, you just cannot summon them at will.
- Runes are inherited even without Summon Zombie Dogs: This one interested me, apparently Circle of Life will still in inherit the runestone that is slotted to Summon Zombie Dogs even if the skill is not present on your skillbar. To test this, I put a rune on my dogs, summoned them once, then removed the skill. The Zombie Dogs still had Life Link even though the skill was removed.
- Zombie Dogs will not despawn when Circle of Life is removed: This one I'm pretty sure is not intended. If you remove Summon Zombie Dogs from your skillbar, the dogs that were summoned will go away. If you do not have Summon Zombie Dogs on your bar, but you have dogs summoned through Circle of Life, the Zombie Dogs will not go away and will still fight for you until they die.
Edited by KageKaze, 29 February 2012 - 01:03 AM.