After playing on my Paladin, I decided it was time to dig deep down to my Diablo II roots and play the first character that I created, back when the game was first released: the Barbarian. Some current Barb players will be happen to know that the 1.13 Patch brought about a couple of buffs for them:
Official Blizzard Quote:
-Whirlwind - Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
-Masteries - Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.
-Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse.
This means for less mana requirements on WW Barbs, which could potentially change the WW Barb Build since you can use items without worrying about gaining the +mana attributes on items. Also, with Iron Maiden now gone, you won't have to worry about tanking your own damage in return. Here's the build that I went with:
- Strength: This depends on how rich you are in-game. However, as of now, you can respec your character if you overfill your Strength. Basically, you only need enough Strength to use all of your items.
- Dexterity: No need for max block or max attack rating, so don't put any points here.
- Vitality: Dump the rest of your points here. You'll be taking a lot of damage since you are a melee character; your merc will help out, but you'll be the main tank.
- Energy: Do not put anything here, it's a waste!
- Helm: Arreat's Face
- Armor: Fortitude or Enigma
- Weapons1: Breath of the Dying and/or Beast
- Weapons2: 2x Warcry Sticks from Malah in A5
- Gloves: Steelrend or Dracul's Grasp
- Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord
- Boots: Gore Rider
- Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope or Highlord's Wrath
- Rings: 2x Raven Frost
|Warcries||Combat Masteries||Combat Skills|
|+1 Howl||+20 ||+1 Bash|
|+1 Taunt||+20 Iron Skin||+1 Leap|
|+20 Shout||+1 Natural Resistance||+1 Leap Attack|
|+1 Battle Cry||+1 Concentrate|
|+20 Battle Orders||+1 Stun|
|+1 Battle Command||+20 Whirlwind|
Any merc of your choosing will do fine. Some like to go with an A1/A3 mercs for ranged attacks, while others want to go with an A2 merc for the aura's. I would recommend going with the following though:
- Act 2 Norm - Defensive (Defiance)
- Helm: Vampire's Gaze
- Armor: Arkaine's Valor
- Weapons: Insight (Or you can use something else with +DoT effects or other auras. I used Insight so I could spam WW without any trouble whatsoever.)