1. Crafting. The AH is being removed and players have raised concerns that they will never be able to find the correct affix on say a Stone of Jordon (SoJ) to benefit a build they are trying to make. Maybe if you had a SoJ which did nothing for your character (say say spirit regeneration if you are a Barb) you could give it to the jeweller and he would then be able to learn the design. Once learned you would have two options:
1. Craft a SoJ with the same affix - spirit regeneration , maybe you will level a monk one day.
2. Craft a random SoJ which could have a Barb specific affix that you could use.
Once a random SoJ is created the jeweller would then be able to design two specific SoJs and also still have the random option. So over time and lots and lots of mats later you would be that much closer to getting the random affix that you were after. If you are lucky you would get it quickly if you were unlucky you would have to work your ass off for all the mats but eventually you would get one. This could also be used on the blacksmith for items that have a vast possibility of affixes.
2. Reputation. I think you should earn reputation for the locations you are assisting in the eternal battle, New Tristram -act 1, Caldeam act 2 , Bastion's Keep act 3 & 4 and West March act 5. As you kill monsters and complete quests you earn rep for that area. But if you earn rep for West March you lose rep Bastions Keep and vice visa, a small issue about West March saying there are no demons! As you reach a reputation level you get to choose between several enhancements for your character, ala Star Craft 2 skill system. https://www.google.c...ties%2F;592;320
Examples of some enhancements for a skill level might be:
Level 1 - % speed boost while in the specific act.
Level 1 - % boost treasure goblin encounters while in the specific act.
Level 1 - % increasing in gold from items sold to vendors while in the specific act.
Level 2 - % increase in chance of encountering shrines while in the specific act.
Level 2 - % decrease in repair costs from vendors while in the specific act.
Level 2 - % increase your followers health and damage while in the specific act.
So I might like to choose a speed boost and an increasing chance of encountering shrines. There is a lot of scope to add plenty of rewards for spending time in specific acts instead of just going to the act that grants the highest xp per hour. There are plenty of people out there that love grinding reputation - insane in the membrane anyone? And even if you are not a completionist or don't have vast amounts of time on your hands but you love a specific act it would be nice to get small rewards over time. Imagine having only 5 levels of reputation per location, it would still mean( 4x5x3) up to 60 different skills to choose between.
3. Quests quests quests. There are so many people randomly standing around in the towns and cities of Sanctuary who only add aesthetics to the game, let get them involved. There are so many lost or dead farmers, villages and soldiers surely they have loved ones they need them found etc. Jars ,logs, bookshelves etc etc lets use these to grant quests or at the very least be some part of quests. Give us long quest chains to increase our stash, a bigger stash is going to be needed now that the AH is gone and we are more or less playing self found.
4. Forged Legendary Weapons and Armour. Yep legendaries drop but in a 1000hrs of game play I have not found a legendary pattern, lets increase the drop rates a touch or myself and may others will not experience that element of game play. Speaking of legendaries give us some game changers yes yes it's been said before but I am talking about items like Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings http://www.wowwiki.c...f_Ancient_Kingsfrom Wrath of Lich King. E.G you do some amazing long quests for the blacksmith which produces a legendary pattern (see everyone can get one with effort not RNG). But once he has the pattern the idea is that it is in 20-30 pieces and you have to do more quests to combine the pieces in to a game changing item. Now to enhance this even more the item would be class specific and all the quests would change depending on the item you are trying to create. This way you give more reason for people to play their other characters and see the other quest lines.
5. Builds. Give a way to save builds so that we can quickly change between build a, b or c. With improvements in loot there are going to be more builds to discover. If like me you are trying all 6 classes and they have 3-4 different builds each it's hard to keep track of the specific builds you like when you want to try a few. I don't want to have to go online to remember my throw barb build then my HoTA build they my best combo rend build etc.
6. Followers. In RoS there will be six character classes with 3 followers each that's 18 different followers. When we hit max level with each of our followers can you reduce them to 3 per account. Trying to manage and move their gear is not adding anything to the game IMO.
7. Character Game Modes.
A.) Character Hub. Can we have a specific game mode where all our characters appear in a location together, software mode and hardcore mode separated of course. It would be so much easier to manage all your gear, stash and crafting if all your characters where in one spot in game and you could quickly take control of them instead of creating endless games to switch between them.
B.) Player Hub. I know it has been mentioned before but it would change this game in a massive way with the introduction of Transmogrification. Create a player hub at a random location, let's call it the adventure camp, up in the mountains somewhere. Nothing much is there may be just a large campfire and portals. It can have up to say 30-50 players in it at a time. You can look at other people gear, trade or start groups together. It would have portals to all the starting areas of the acts and to your player hub where you would go to craft and manage your stash. When you entered an act portal in a group or solo it would start up adventure mode in that act. It would give the game more of an MMO feel to it and a sense of community which the chat channels do not currently have.
8.Goblins. I have a puzzle ring equipped and often miss seeing the goblin, the trail of 2g stacks mocks me! The sound of a legendary drop is quite distinctive and a worthy addition, could you add a sound for the engagement of a treasure goblin, I am pretty sure he snickers when you first hit him maybe he could start doing that loudly when he first appears? Also maybe have different color goblins to represent what they may be carrying. A grey one might have a large stack of tomes of secrets, a rare green goblin would have a higher chance to drop a set item. A yellow one might drop demonic essences. etc etc. Maybe a super rare goblin is larger (big daddy) has more hit points runs faster and spawns normal goblins when you hit him, he keeps running you keep hitting him over time 5-10 goblins pop out and start running everywhere it would be mayhem!! Who do you kill where do you run?? Maybe you need to do an event to summon him or something and then it would be easier to get a group together for all the fun.
Sorry for the wall of text. I really like this game, I like reading about it, watching steamers and listening to podcasts about it and hope in a small way that I can contribute to its growth and fun.
Please add and discuss.
Edited by contactingpete, 26 October 2013 - 12:59 AM.