New Card Reveal: Grimestreet Pawnbroker & Shaky Zipgunner
Heroes PTR Patch: Nov 7 - Varian Hero, New Brawl, Revamped Tutorial, Nexus Challenge
Trial of Valor Open, World Boss - Shar'thos, US - Kosumoth Mount, Darkmoon Faire
PTR Patch 2.4.3 Datamined and Patchnotes
Update 3:47 PM PDT - Added Anniversary Dungeon strings
Update 4:00 PM PDT - Added more Anniversary Dungeon, Demon Hunter, and Kanai's Cube strings
Update 4:05 PM PDT - Added Achievements and Cosmetics Strings
The Patch notes for the new PTR patch are up, as is the PTR itself! Read the full patch notes at the bottom of this post.
The patch contains pretty much exactly what was promised for it at BlizzCon plus a few minor fixes. If you want to catch up on all the other upcoming content, check our BlizzCon Recap here.
We've started datamining the patch and it seems there are some more secrets hidden in the Anniversary Dungeon and maybe beyond!
As always: Datamined changes are not 100% accurate, not all of these things need to be in the game, or at least not in the way indicated here.
We will continue to update this post as we discover more, so check back often!
Note: Completing a Rift on the PTR seems to give you a bag which contains the Legendary that was changed for your class. This is obviously a PTR only feature to allow for easier testing of the new items.
Anniversary Dungeon Strings
- AnniversaryDescription - The past is never far in these parts... Cultists have delved through the remnants of Adria's belongings and discovered the secret to reviving her memories. For a fleeting time, this town will appear as it was many years ago...
- Cosmetic_Pet_Butcher - He may be little, but he is fierce.
- Cosmetic_Pet_MooCow - This young creature has a regal air, as though he holds some special place within his herd. Who knows what would they do if he went missing...
- Cosmetic_PortraitFrame_RetroAngel - A timeless guardian of order gazes upon you.
- Cosmetic_PortraitFrame_RetroDemon - You are watched by a malevolent force from years past.
- Lore_ChamberOfBone - Beyond the hall of heroes lies the Chamber of Bone. Eternal death awaits any who would seek to steal the treasures secured within this room. So speaks the Lord of Terror, and so it is written.
- Lore_HallsOfTheBlind - I can see what you see not. Vision milky, then eyes rot. When you turn they will be gone, Whispering their hidden song. Then you see what cannot be, Shadows move where light should be. Out of darkness, out of mind, Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
- Lore_Valor - ...and so, locked beyond the gateway of blood, and past the hall of fire, Valor awaits for the hero of light to awaken...
- Lore_WarlordOfBlood - The armories of Hell are home to the Warlord of Blood. In his wake lay the mutilated bodies of thousands. Angels and man alike have been cut down to fulfill his endless sacrifices to the dark ones who scream for one thing - blood.
- Mood_Level_01 - The sanctity of this place has been fouled.
- Mood_Level_05 - The smell of death surrounds me.
- Mood_Level_09 - It's hot down here.
- Mood_Level_13 - I must be getting close.
- Valor_PedestalOfBlood - You do not have a Blood Stone.
- BlackMushroomNeeded - An ingredient is missing.
- AnniversaryCorpse_Farnham - You need a strong drink to wake this spirit.
- AnniversaryCorpse_Ogden - This man died penniless, giving all he had to his neighbors.
- AnniversaryCorpse_Pepin - This man's spirit yearns to help the wounded and afflicted.
- AnniversaryDungeon_Griswold - The restless spirit of this blacksmith needs to make one last treasure.
- CraftingPlan_Smith_Smith_WirtsLeg - Teaches the Blacksmith how to craft a wooden peg leg.
- WirtsMap - Secret Map
- Narrator_01 - The Soulstone burns with hellfire as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows into your eyes, and you begin to hear the tormented whispers of the damned. You have done what you knew must be done. The essence of diablo is contained... for now.
- Narrator_02 - You pray that you have become strong enough to contain the demon and keep him at bay. Although you have been fortified by your quest, you can still feel him clawing his way up from the dark recesses of your soul.
- Narrator_03 - ighting to retain control, your thoughts turn toward the ancient mystic lands of the far east. Perhaps there, beyond the desolate wastes of Aranoch you will find an answer. Or perhaps salvation.
- Custom Engineering - Increase the duration of your Caltrops, Marked for Death, Spike Trap, and Sentry by 100%. / Increase the maximum number and charges of Sentries to 2 and number of Spike Traps to 4 (was 2).
- Spike Trap - Cost: 15 Hatred / Lay a trap that remains dormant until another Hatred spender is used to detonate the trap. When detonated, the trap and all other traps will explode in a chain reaction for 1160% weapon damage as Fire (was Physical) to all enemies within 8 yards of each trap. / You can have a maximum of 4 (was 2) Spike Traps active at one time.
- [INFUSE LEGENDARY] - Infuse Legendary Power
- [INFUSE LEGENDARY]_Name - Natala's Prayer
- [INFUSE LEGENDARY]_Lore - "Natala's sacrifice saved the Horadrim from themselves, but her name must be stricken from the texts." -fragment of the Dark Exile Scrolls.
- Thank Goodness You’ve Returned! - Kill all 4 bosses.
- Adventuring Hero - Kill one unique monster from the Labyrinth.
- Champion of the Townsfolk - Kill 20 unique monsters from the Labyrinth.
- Protector of Tristram - Kill all unique monsterss from the Labyrinth.
- I Sense a Soul in Search of Answers - Collect all the Cultist Pages from the precursor event.
- Pssst… Over Here… - Acquire Wirt’s Leg.
- The Dark Passage - Visit the Dark Passage.
- The Chamber of Bone - Visit the Chamber of Bone.
- The Halls of the Blind - Visit the Halls of the Blind.
- An Eerie Red Glow Blurs Your Vision - Kill the Dark Lord in a solo game starting with a Level 1 character.
- Cosmetic_Wings_Mercy - You feel the reassurance that mercy, perhaps an angel, watches over you.
- Cosmetic_Wings_Blue - "Ten thousand strong, the angels burst forth from the clouds and fell upon the gathered army of the underworld, tearing it asunder with their savage weapons." -The Book of Jarl, Volume IV
- Cosmetic_Wings_Red - "So ancient are the angels of the High Heavens that many of their deepest secrets are lost, even to themselves." -Deckard Cain
- Cosmetic_Pet_FallenHound_Skeletal - "When first practicing the Art of Rathma, it pays to start small. Trust me on this." -Mehtan the Necromancer
Official Patch Notes
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blog Post)
- New Feature: 20th Anniversary Event
- A mysterious group of Cultists is stirring up trouble! Hunt them down in Adventure Mode to uncover clues that reveal a portal into Tristram’s past, and rediscover the terrifying darkness that took hold of the town so many years ago…
- This event is only available in January
- Hardware Support
- Support has been added for the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) SDK and Razer peripherals
- Supported backlit keyboards will respond to certain in-game situations like Legendary and Set item drops, characters leveling up, and more
- Players will need to update their firmware for supported devices to use this feature
- Now has 3 charges
- Cooldown per charge remains 12 seconds with a chance to be reduced slightly by critical strikes
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue which caused Wave of Light to sometimes fail to deal damage when players were under the effect of Epiphany
- Fixed a bug which prevented a Hydra from being spawned when two Mirror Images attempted to cast Summon Hydra at the same time
- Fixed an issue which caused the active effect of Earth Ally and Fire Ally to not benefit from Attacks Per Second or +Mystic Ally damage
- Class Specific Items
- New items have been added to the game
- Armor of Akkhan
- Talisman of Akkhan (Amulet)
- Has been added as a 7th piece to Armor of Akkhan
- The set’s current bonuses and powers remain the same
- This amulet will always roll with Critical Hit Chance in addition to 3 other random affixes
- Some existing class-specific Legendary items have been updated to include a unique Legendary power
- Note: Existing items will not be affected by the following changes; only new versions of the items will roll with the added Legendary power
- Saffron Wrap
- The damage of your next Overpower is increased by 40-50% for each enemy hit, up to a maximum of 20 enemies
- Faithful Memory
- Each enemy hit by Falling Sword increases the damage of Blessed Hammer by 50-60% for 5 seconds
- Demon Hunter
- Hellcat Waistguard
- Grenades have a chance to bounce 3-5 times, dealing an additional 50% damage on each bounce
- This bonus is increased to 800% on the final bounce
- The following skills are affected by this power:
- Cluster Arrow – Dazzling Arrow, Cluster Bombs, Loaded for Bear, and No Rune
- Rain of Vengeance – Anathema
- Strafe – Demolition
- Rapid Fire – Bombardment
- Rabid Strike
- Spirit spenders that teleport you while Epiphany is active are also mimicked on a distant target for free
- Witch Doctor
- The Barber
- Spirit Barrage no longer deals direct damage but instead absorbs the damage as charges
- After the target has not absorbed Spirit Barrage damage for 1.5 seconds or dies, the charges detonate doing damage to all enemies within 15 yards
- Damage is increased by 15-20% per charge
- Manald Heal
- Lightning damage done by your Arcane spenders does an additional 20-25% of the damage over 5 seconds
- This damage-over-time effect can be refreshed by additional Lightning damage and stacks
- The functionality of some items has changed
- Defender of Westmarch
- Can no longer summon a wolf more than once per second
- Damage done by the wolf is increased for each block made during the interim
- Witch Doctor
- Jeram's Bracers
- The minimum level for this item to drop has changed from 12 to 31 in order to match the level at which Wall of Death unlocks
- Bug Fixes
- Hellfire Amulet
- Fixed an issue where Fetishes spawned by this item with the Fetish Sycophants passive would not reduce the cooldown of Big Bad Voodoo correctly when Starmetal Kukri was equipped
- Illusory Boots
- Will now properly allow Crusaders using Steed Charge to pass through walls
- Flail of the Ascended
- Now takes into account +Shield Bash affix bonuses in its damage
- Damage stacks will now persist when changing gear and picking up items
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused cosmetic pets to be dismissed unintentionally, requiring the player to resummon them through the collections UI
- Fixed a bug causing transmogrify options to not properly unlock sometimes when first acquiring an item which grants a new transmogrify option
- Fixed a bug which caused the buff from the Legendary item Ahvarion, Spear of Lycander to end when changing floors in a Greater Rift
- Fixed an issue which caused the Bones cosmetic pet to incorrectly produce sound when players interacted with some user interface elements
- Fixed an issue which caused +Elemental damage bonuses on weapons to override the damage bonus granted to Ancient Spear by Skular’s Salvation and its elemental type
- Fixed an issue which allowed Necrosis damage from the Helltooth Harness set to be reflected back by some enemies onto Witch Doctors using projectiles like Poison Dart
- Season Journey
- The Destroyer and Guardian tiers of the Season Journey will no longer require players to augment an Ancient Legendary item using level 30 or higher and level 40 or higher Legendary gems, respectively
- Along with this, the Conqueror tier now requires players to augment one Ancient Legendary item using a Legendary Gem at level 50 or higher
- The number of enemy kills required to complete the following Bounties has been reduced
- Kill Aloysius
- Kill Axegrave
- Kill Bholen
- Kill Captain Donn Adams
- Kill The Crusher
- The Cesspools map has been adjusted
- Enemy density and overall map size have been reduced
- This area can now appear as the starting dungeon in Rifts and Greater Rifts
- Greater Rifts
- We have made a number of changes to improve the play experience of Greater Rifts
- Monsters should now be more evenly distributed on each floor in Greater Rifts
- The size of each floor in a Greater Rift is now more consistent
- On average, a rift should take between two and four floors to clear
- There is no longer an increased chance to see the same tile set when you venture down a floor in a Greater Rift
- There is now a guaranteed area at the entrance of each floor with no monsters
- This area is just large enough for ranged characters to maneuver
- Several additional monster types can now appear as Champions and Elites
- The stacking effect of the following is now cleared upon entering a Greater Rift
- The items Lord Greenstone’s Fan, Fortress Ballista and Flail of the Ascended
- The skills Arcane Dynamo and Mythic Rhythm
- Greed’s Realm
- The portal to Greed’s Realm will now close 60 seconds after opening Greed’s chest
- With this, players may now open multiple portals to the realm in a single game
- The waypoint for Pandemonium Fortress Level 2 in Adventure Mode has been moved from the entrance to the midpoint of the level in order to provide quicker access to some bounties
- With this change, bounties requiring you to kill unique enemies will only spawn these enemies in the first half of the dungeon, and all monsters on the map will contribute to bounty progress
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue preventing the scene for Bounty: Research Problems from spawning
- Fixed bugs that led to large open areas with no monsters in some rooms in Greater Rifts, which was especially common near the entrance to certain floors
- Quality of life improvements have been made to enemies
- Several enemies that leap at the player can now be killed in mid-air, including Winged Assassins, Punishers, Lacuni Huntresses, and Burrowing Leapers
- Several enemies that can become un-attackable, such as Sandsharks, Snakemen, and Rockworms now spend more time vulnerable. When these enemies do burrow or stealth, they no longer remain in this state for more than 3 seconds
- In addition, emerging Rockworms now always show ground cracks to help attentive players avoid their initial attack
- Enemy Affixes
- Will now be cancelled immediately if the shielded monster is the last remaining monster in a pack
- Reflects Damage
- Now fires a projectile instead of instantly dealing damage to the player
- The warning duration for this affix has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1, and its active duration has been reduced from 6 seconds to 4
- Crawling lightning generated by this affix now pierces, allowing it to damage multiple targets in succession
- New enemy affix
- Juggernaut monsters are permanently immune to crowd control effects, but move more slowly than normal monsters
- Only a rare Elite enemy can be a Juggernaut
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue which caused Winged Assassins to sometimes travel across the ground instead of through the air when leaping
- Fixed an issue which prevented Greater Rift Guardians from reliably teleporting to players when they spawned more than a few screens away
- Fixed an issue which sometimes cause Rift Guardians to spawn in a location where they couldn’t be targeted
- Now transitions more swiftly between his normal and larger version boss phases
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed the wording on the “Socket To Me” achievement to clarify that socketing only one gem is required
- Can now be accessed through a new tab at the Mystic
- This includes Collector’s Edition dyes
- With this change, dyes will no longer be sold by vendors
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed display and text issues with some skills and items
- Fixed an issue causing keybind issues when the UI was hidden
- Fixed a bug which caused Followers to sometimes become idle in combat
- Fixed an issue which prevented Followers from being dismissed while they were incapacitated in battle
- Fixed an issue which allowed pets and Followers to be attacked immediately after exiting a portal