Patch 2.1 Live on Consoles
Patch 2.1 has been deployed today on Xbox One and Playstation 4, so console players can now enjoy all the content that comes with it. Do mind that Seasons and its exclusive Legendaries are still only available on PC/Mac. Check the blue post with a summary of all the features added below. You can also check the PC patch notes for details on changes.
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)Greetings heroes!
Patch 2.1.0 is now live for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
New features in Patch 2.1.0 include:
"What’s New" Screen
- A "What's New" screen will now appear whenever a player logs into the game after a new patch has been installed (and pressing "Start" at the Main Menu). As the name suggests, this screen will provide a quick overview of new features included in the patch.
- When adventuring in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts, players will have a chance to encounter a new randomized environment: The Cesspools. Originally designed as the sewers of Westmarch, this festering, dank underworld is now ready to explore and plunder!
- Whenever Treasure Goblins are defeated, there's now a chance they will spawn a new type of portal through which players can enter. Inside this mysterious new realm known as "The Vault," mighty treasures await…along with Sanctuary's newest boss: the Baroness Greed.
- Please note that portals to The Vault can only be accessed in Adventure Mode, and that they will not appear inside Nephalem Rifts or Greater Rifts.
- For more information about The Vault, click here.
- Greater Rifts are a special type of timed Nephalem Rift. There are an infinite number of Greater Rift levels, and each level will be progressively more difficult than the last. Upon completing a Greater Rift, players will be able to choose between one of two rewards: a chance to upgrade their Legendary Gems or (if they complete the Greater Rift level within its allotted time) the opportunity to move on to the next Greater Rift level. Players can continue progressing through Greater Rift levels so along as they complete the current Rift level before its timer expires.
- Please note that Greater Rifts can only be accessed in Adventure Mode.
- For more information about Greater Rifts, click here.
- Legendary Gems are a new type of gem that can drop in Greater Rifts and The Vault and will offer powerful abilities when socketed into Rings and Amulets. Players will have the opportunity to upgrade their Legendary Gems over time by completing Greater Rifts.
- For more information about Legendary Gems, click here.
Good luck nephalem. We wish you fortune and glory in your continued adventures across Sanctuary!
- Ramalandni’s Gift is a new Legendary item that will allow players to add a socket to any weapon that does not already have one. This item can drop randomly in the game world and will be consumed on use.
- For more information on Ramaladni’s Gift, click here.
To update your game, please make sure you are signed in to either your PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account. PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live Gold subscriptions are not required to access this newest update.
Shadowthief Concept Art
Eristhe posted, over at deviantart, some fanart for a concept class he envisioned: the ShadowThief (or ShadowDancer on a previous iteration). It's meant to be a melee, dark Thief-Spellcaster hybrid; and it looks super cool! Can't wait to see more artwork on this in the near future. Check the screenshots below!
Hardcore Pet WD vs GR 38
Adam has uploaded a HC Pet WD gameplay clearing a Level 38 Greater Rift, showing that the recent changes to pets definitely made them considerably stronger and quite viable in higher GRs. When he submitted it, it was a world record (he's on NA), but right now it looks like Mino over at EU has taken over the spot with a slightly better clear time. Check the gameplay below.