Sanctuary Sunday Talk
Deadset Gaming started a series of videos, talking about the lore behind some of Sanctuary's more interesting topics. The first is about Set Item Origins, and the second is about the Lords of the Burning Hells. Check them out below!
Jakarro's "Arctic Zoo" Demon Hunter
This week's Play Your Way Thursday is focused on Pets and the Cold element. Check it out below!
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)The ever-deadly Demon Hunters pride themselves on devastating ranged attacks, pinpoint accuracy, and a cunning use of explosives. At times, they will also call upon the assistance of highly-trained (and extremely lethal) companions to eke their revenge. In this week's Play Your Way Thursday, Jakarro#1521 shares his chilling take on a Demon Hunter elementalist—and brings a few friendly pets along too!
About the Build:While pets are not the focus of his build, Jakarro calls upon a brutal portable zoo to support his cold-themed play style. The idea behind the "Arctic Zoo" Demon Hunter is to create defensive buffers in single-player games and supplemental damage in group play, allowing both you and your friends to just hang back and… chill.
The Skills:This build is all about bringing the pain of frostbite to your enemies and letting your item-based pets mop up the rest! Active Skills:
- Hungering Arrow (Devouring Arrow)
- Resource generator
- Deals cold damage, one of this build’s primary focuses
- Elemental Arrow (Frost Arrow)
- Main damage dealer
- Huge source of damage, especially in large packs
- Offers great crowd control as the effect splashes to additional targets
- Caltrops (Hooked Spines)
- Keeps your enemies at a distance to apply your slowing effects and letting your pets do the dirty work
- Smoke Screen (Displacement)
- Serves as this build's escape method
- Companion (Wolf Companion)
- Rain of Vengeance (Shade)
- Steady Aim
- Between your pets and slowing powers, you should be able to capitalize on this DPS boost in almost every situation
- Regardless of your weapon of choice, offers a great DPS boost
- Night Stalker
PTR Cold Demon Hunter
And since we are talking about Cold-focused Demon Hunters, MeatHeadMikhail posted a video showing that a Marauder Cold-focused Demon Hunter is even more viable in the current PTR version, with the changes to some skills like Cluster Arrow (Maelstrom).