The 5th part of our Reaper of Souls Highlights includes full list of Crusader skills and runes, a great idea on Nephalem Rifts and two very interesting blue posts.
Enchanting, Transmogrification, Crusader Thorns Build
All Class Changes
Difficulties, Paragon 2.0
Adventure Mode, Bounties, Nephalem Rifts, Blood Shards and Gambling
Full List of Crusader Skills and Runes
The active skills you'll see are not organized by a specific order. Also, keep in mind that what you'll see are still values from an early Beta and almost a huge part of it will probably change.
- Shield Bash- Cost: 30 Wrath; Charge at your enemy, bashing him and all nearby foes with your shield, dealing 450% weapon damage plus 140% of the Shield's Block Amount as damage as Holy.
- Shattered Shield - The shield shatters into other smaller fragments, hitting more enemies. The extra enemies hit take 450% weapon damage and 140% of your Shield's Block Amount as damage.
- One on One- The targeted monster is rooted in place for 3 seconds. All other monsters hit are knocked back.
- Shield Cross - Additional shields erupt from you in a cross formation. Enemies hit by any of the additional shields will take 135% weapon damage and 40$ of your Shield's Block Amount as damage.
- Crumble- Foes who are killed explode, dealing 550% weapon damage to enemies behind them and knocking those enemies back.
- Pound - Shield Bash will now deal 700% weapon damage plus 150% of your Shield's Block Amount as damage as Holy. The range is reduced to 7 yards..
- Sweep Attack - Cost: 20 Wrath; Sweep a mystical flail through enemies up to 18 yards before you, dealing 500% weapon damage.
- Blazing Sweep - Enemies hit by the attack will catch on fire for 260% weapon damage over 2 seconds.
- Trip Attack - Enemies hit by the sweep attack have a 20% chance to be tripped, stunning them for 5 seconds.
- Holy Shock - For every enemy hit, you will heal for 755 Life.
- Gathering Sweep - Increase the range of the arc to 28 yards. All enemies caught in the arc are pulled toward you.
- Frozen Sweep - The flail becomes frozen, enemies hit by it have s 20% chance to be chilled for 3 seconds. These chilled enemies take 20% more damage.
- Blessed Hammer - Cost: 10 Wrath; Summon a Blessed Hammer that spins around you, dealing 245% weapon damage as Holy to any enemy it hits.
- Burning Wrath - The hammer is engulfed in fire and has a 25% chance to scorch the ground over which it passes. Enemies who pass through the scorched ground take 85% weapon damage as fire per second.
- Thunderstruck - The hammers are charged with lightning, which occasionally arcs between you and the hammer as it spirals through the air, causing 50% weapon damage as Lightning to enemies caught in the arcs.
- Limitless - When the hammers hit an enemy, there is a 50% chance that a new hammer will be created at the location of the monster that was hit.
- Icebound Hammer - The hammers are made of ice, chilling enemies they pass through and have a 10% chance to explode on impact, freezing enemies within 6 yards for 2 seconds.
- Dominion - The hammers will now orbit you as you move.
- Blessed Shield - Cost: 20 Wrath; Hurl a celestial shield at enemies, dealing 380% weapon damage and 100% of shield Block Amount as damage. The shield will ricochet between 3 nearby enemies.
- Staggering Shield - The shield becomes charged with Lightning and has 25% chance to stun the first enemy hit for 2 seconds, Each enemy hit reduces the chance to stun by 5%.
- Combust - The shield erupts in flames and has a 33% chance to explode on impact, dealing 105% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 8 yards.
- Divine Aegis - When your shield hits an enemy your Armor is increased by 5% and Life Regeneration is increased by 5% for 4 seconds.
- Shattering Throw - When the shield hits an enemy it splits into 3 small fragments which bounce between enemies nearby, dealing 50% weapon damage to all enemies they hit.
- Piercing Shield - The shield no longer bounces, but pierces through all enemies with a 50% chance of knocking them aside.
- Fist of the Heavens - Cost: 30 Wrath; Call forth a pillar of lightning from the heavens that explodes, dealing 630% weapon damage as Lightning to any enemy within 8 yards. The explosion creates 6 piercing charged bolts that arc outward, dealing 430% weapon damage to enemies through whom they pass.
- Divine Well - The holy bolts crackle with holy lightning and will zap enemies within 20 yards as they travel, dealing 12% weapon damage as holy.
- Heavens Tempest - Summon a lightning storm that covers a 8-yard radius for 3 seconds, dealing 25% weapon damage per second to enemies who pass underneath it.
- Fissure - Creates a fissure of lightning energy that deals 530% weapon damage to nearby monsters. If there is another fissure nearby, powerful lightning will arc between them.
- Reverberation - The bolt detonates with a shockwave on impact, causing all enemies hit to be thrown away from the blast and slowed by 60% for 3 seconds.
- Retribution - Hurl a fist of fire and lightning which pierces through your enemies, dealing 350% weapon damage as Lightning and exploding at your target dealing 150% weapon damage as Lightning to enemies within 8 yards. The explosion creates 6 piercing charged bolts that crawl outward, dealing 350% weapon damage to enemies they pass through.
- Shield Glare - Cooldown: 12 seconds; Light erupts from your shield, blinding all enemies up to 30 yards in from of you for 4 seconds.
- Divine Verdict - Blinded enemies take 20% more damage from all sourced for 4 seconds.
- Uncertainty - Enemies caught in the glare have a 50% chance to be charmed and fight for you for 8 seconds.
- Zealous Glare - Gain 12 Wrath for every enemy blinded.
- Emblazoned Shield - Enemies with health lower than 25% have a 50% chance to explode when blinded, dealing 60% weapon damage to enemies within 8 yards.
- Subdue - Enemies hit by the glare will be slowed by 80% for 10 seconds.
- Iron Skin - Cooldown: 30 seconds; Your skin turns to iron, absorbing 50% of all incoming damage for 4 seconds.
- Reflective Skin - Deal 50% of damage absorbed while Iron Skin is active back at attackers.
- Steel Skin - Increase the duration to 7 seconds.
- Explosive Skin - When Iron skin expires the metal explodes off, dealing 1300% weapon damage to enemies within 12 yards.
- Charged Up - Your metal skin is electrified, dealing 300% weapon damage as Lightning per second to enemies within 8 yards.
- Flash - While active your movement speed is increased by 60% and you can move through enemies unimpeded.
- Consecration - Cooldown: 30 Seconds;Consecrate the ground 20 yards around you for 10 seconds. You and your allies heal for 1509 life while standing on the consecrated ground.
- Bathed in Light - Increase the radius of the consecrated ground to 24 yards.
- Frozen Ground - The consecrated ground becomes frozen. Enemies that walk into the frozen ground have their movement speed reduced by 60% and have a 40% chance to be frozen for 2 seconds.
- Aegis Purgatory - The edge of the consecrated ground is surrounded by a sacred shield, preventing enemies from moving through it.
- Shattered Ground - Enemies standing on consecrated ground will take 115% weapon damage as Fire per second.
- Fearful - Enemies standing on the consecrated ground have a 100% chance to be feared for 3 seconds.
- Judgement - Cooldown: 20 Seconds; Pass judgement to all enemies within 20 yards of the targeted location, rooting them in place for 7 seconds.
- Penitence - For every monster upon whom you pass judgement, you heal for 377 Life per second for 3 seconds.
- Mass Verdict - All monsters that are judged are first drawn into the center of the judged area.
- Deliberation - Increase the duration of the root to 12 seconds.
- Resolved - Damage dealt to judged monsters has a 10% chance to be a crushing blow.
- Conversion - Enemies below 25% health who are judged have a 20% chance to be converted into an Avatar of the Order who fight by your side for 5 seconds. Each avatar will attack for 100% of your weapon damage.
- Provoke - Cooldown: 20 Seconds; Generate: 30 Wrath; Taunt all nearby enemies and instantly generate an additional 5 Wrath for every enemy taunted. Taunted enemies will focus their attention on you for 4 seconds.
- Cleanse - For each enemy successfully taunted, you gain 302 additional Life on Hit for 5 seconds.
- Flee Fool - Provoke no longer taunts, but causes monsters to flee in terror 8 seconds.
- Too Scared to Run - Taunted enemies have their attack speed reduced by 50% and movement speed slowed by 80% for 4 seconds.
- Charged Up - For 4 seconds after casting Provoke, any damage you deal will also deal 50% weapon damage as Lightning.
- Hit Me - For 4 seconds after casting Provoke your Block chance is increased by 50%.
- Steed Charge - Cooldown: 15 Seconds; Mount a Celestial war horse that allows you to ride through enemies unimpeded for 2 seconds.
- Ramming Speed - The war horse now deals 350% weapon damage per second and knocks away enemies through which you ride.
- Nightmare - The war horse is consumed with righteous fire, scorching all who walk in its path for 900% weapon damage as fire over 4 seconds.
- Rejuvenation - While riding the war horse you will recover 15% of your life.
- Endurance - Increases the duration to 4 seconds.
- Draw and Quarter - Bind 5 monsters near you with chains and drag them as you ride, dealing 20% weapon damage per second.
- Condemn - Cooldown: 15 seconds; Build up a massive explosion, unleashing it after 3 seconds, dealing 1250% weapon damage as Holy to all enemies within 15 yards.
- Reciprocate - You take 50% damage while the explosion is building, which is then added to the damage of the explosion.
- Vacuum - As the explosion charges up, it sucks in monsters. The closer it is to exploding, the more monsters it sucks in.
- Eternal Retaliation - For every monster hit by the explosion, the cooldown is reduced by 1.
- Shattering Explosion - The damage area is increased to 20 yards.
- Unleashed - The explosion now goes off instantly.
- Phalanx - Cost: 30 Wrath; Summon powerful avatars who charge forward to the targeted destination, Enemies caught in the path of the charge take 295% weapon damage.
- Bowmen - The summoned avatars wield bows and attack enemies as they march, dealing 100% weapon damage.
- Shield Charge - The summoned avatars charge the target and all perform a shield bash, damaging the enemies at that location dealing 75% weapon damage.
- Stampede - Summon warhorses that charge and knockback the enemy with a 25% chance to stun enemies for 2 seconds.
- Shield Bearers - The avatars no longer walk forward but plant at the summoned location, blocking all enemies from moving through.
- Bodyguard - Instead of sending the avatars out away from you, you summon 2 Avatars of the Order to protect you, who fight by your side for 10 seconds. Each avatar will attack for 100% of your weapon damage as Physical. The avatars can only be summoned once every 30 seconds.
- Laws of Valor - Cooldown: 30 seconds; Active: Empower the law, granting you and your allies 10% increased attack speed for 5 seconds. Passive: Recite the law, granting you and your allies 5% increased Attack Speed. Only one Law may be active at a time.
- Invincible - Empowering the Law also increases your Life on Hit by 6038.
- Frozen in Terror - Active: When you empower the Law you have a 100% chance to stun each enemy within 10 yards for 5 seconds.
- Critical - Active: Empowering the Law also increases your Critical Hit Damage by 100%.
- Unstoppable Force - Active: Empowering the Law reduces Wrath cost of all skills by 50% for 5 seconds.
- Answered Prayer - Active: Empowering the Law also has a 20% chance to turn health globes within 25 yards into Nephalem Glory orbs.
- Laws of Justice - Cooldown: 30 Seconds; Active: Empower the Law, granting you and your Allies 325 increased resistance to all elements for 5 seconds. Passive: Recite the law increasing your and your allies resistance to all elements by 130. Only one Law may be active at a time.
- Protect the Innocent - Active: Empowering the Law also redirects 20% of the damage taken by allies to you for the next 5 seconds.
- Immovable Object - Active: Empowering the Law also increases armor for you and your allies by 6500 for 5 seconds.
- Faith's Armor - Active: Empowering the Law also surrounds you and your allies with shields of faith. The shields absorb 7547 incoming damage, expiring once that amount of damage is reached.
- Decaying Strength - Active: When the Law is empowered any time an enemy attacks you or your allies the enemies damage dealt is lowered by 15% for 10 seconds, up to a maximum of 60%.
- Bravery - Active: Empowering the Law grants immunity to control impairing effects to you and your allies for 3 seconds.
- Laws of Hope - Cooldown: 30 Seconds; Active: Empower the Law, healing you and your allies for 5434 Life per second for 5 seconds. Passive: Recite the law, healing you and your allies for 906 Life per Second.
- Wings of Angels - Active: Empowering the Law increases Movement Speed for you and your allies by 50%, and it allows everyone affected to run through enemies unimpeded.
- Eternal Hope - Active: Empowering the law also increases everyone's maximum Life by 10%.
- Hopeful Cry - Active: Empowering the Law also has a 5% chance to make nearby enemies drop Health Globes.
- Faith's Reward - Active: Empowering the Law will also heal you and your allies for 302 Wrath for every point of Wrath that you spend.
- Stop Time - Active: Empowering the Law causes all health loss and regeneration to pause.
- Falling Sword - Cost: 25 Wrath; Cooldown: 30 Seconds; Launch yourself into the heavens and come crashing down on your enemies, dealing 1450% weapon damage to everything within 14 yards of where you land.
- Superheated - The ground you fall on becomes superheated for 6 seconds, dealing 245% weapon damage as Fire per second to all enemies who pass over it.
- Part of the Clouds - You build a storm of lightning as you fall which covers the area you land on for 5 seconds. Lightning strikes random enemies under the cloud, dealing 200% weapon damage as Lightning and stunning them for 2 seconds.
- Rise Brothers - You land with such force that 3 avatars of the Order are summoned forth to fight by your side for 5 seconds. Each avatar will attack for 100% of your weapon damage as physical.
- Rapid Descent - Reduce the cooldown by 1 second for each enemy hit.
- Flurry - A flurry of swords is summoned at the impact location, dealing 100% weapon damage to monsters caught in the flurry and hurling monsters around and incapacitating them for 5 seconds.
- Akarat's Champion - Cooldown: 120 seconds; Explode with the power of your order gaining 100% additional Wrath generation and 25% attack speed for 20 seconds. The first time you take fatal damage while Akarat's Champion is active, you will be returned to full health.
- Fire Starter - Damage dealt while in this form also inflicts 25% weapon damage as Fire.
- Embodiment of Power - Enemies within 7 yards of you will occasionally become frozen in fear for 3 seconds.
- Rally - Any time you deal damage there is a 50% chance you will reduce the cooldown of your skills by 1 second. Does not affect Akarat's Champion.
- Prophet - Gain 150% additional armor while Akarat's Champion is active.
- Hasteful - While in the form of Akarat's Champions, your Movement speed is increased by 30%.
- Heaven's Fury - Cooldown: 20 Seconds; Call down a furious ray of holy power that deals 1500% weapon damage as holy over 6 seconds to all enemies caught within it.
- Blessed Ground - The ground torched by the ray becomes blessed scorching it and dealing 1250% weapon damage over 5 seconds to any enemy who walks through it.
- Ascendancy - The Ray of Holy power grows to encompass 12 yards, dealing 2040% weapon damage as Holy over 6 seconds to enemies caught within it.
- Split Fury - The ray splits into 3 smaller beams, each dealing 1440% weapon damage as Holy over 6 seconds.
- Thou Shalt Not Pass - Ground touched by the ray pulses with Holy power for 6 seconds, stopping enemies who try to pass over it.
- Fires of Heaven - The ray is focused on your shield in a pulse that is deflected in a tightly focused beam across the battlefield dealing 1200% as Holy to all enemies it hits. The cooldown is removed. Now costs 40 Wrath.
- Bombardment - Cooldown: 60 seconds; Call in an assault from afar, raining spheres of burning pitch and stone onto enemies around you, dealing 515% weapon damage to enemies within 12 yards of the impact zone. The bombardment continues on randomly targeted monsters nearby for the next 5 seconds.
- Barrels of Tar - In place of the burning spheres, barrels of sticky tar are hurled that cover the area, slowing monsters who walk through it by 80%.
- Annihilate - Each impact has a 100% chance to deal a Crushing Blow.
- Mine Field - Each impact scatters 2 mines onto the battlefield which explode when enemies walk near them dealing 250% weapon damage to everything within 10 yards.
- Impactful Bombardment - A single, much larger ball of explosive pitch is hurled at the targeted location dealing 4690% weapon damage to everything within 18 yards.
- Targeted - The bombardment will no longer randomly find targets nearby, it will instead continue to fall on your initial target.
- Punish - Generate 8 Wrath per attack; Strike your enemy for 140% weapon damage and gain Hardened Senses, increasing your block amount by 50% for 5 Seconds.
- Roar - When you block with Hardened Senses active, you explode with fury, dealing 45% weapon damage as fire to enemies within 15 yards.
- Celerity - When you block with Hardened Senses active, your attack speed is increased by 15% for 3 seconds.
- Rebirth - When you block with Hardened Senses active, your Life per Second is increased by 1811 for 2 seconds.
- Retaliate - When you block with Hardened Senses active, your attacker takes 70% weapon damage.
- Fury - When you block with Hardened Senses active your Critical Hit Chance will be increased by 15%. This chance will be removed after your next attack.
- Slash - Generate: 8 Wrath per attack; Ignite the air in front of you, dealing 140% weapon damage as fire.
- Electrify - The slash becomes pure lightning and has a 20% chance to stun enemies for 2 seconds.
- Zeal - For every enemy hit, your attack speed is increased by 2% for 3 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times.
- Crush - You have a 5% chance to deal a Crushing Blow.
- Carve - Carve a larger area in front of you, increasing the number of enemies hit.
- Guard - Your armor is increased by 5% for every enemy hit. This effect can stack up to 5 times.
- Smite - Generate: 8 Wrath per Attack; Smite enemies 15 yards away with holy chains that deal 125% weapon damage as Holy. The chains break off and strike at 3 enemies within 20 yards, each dealing 85% weapon damage as Holy.
- Shatter - The holy chains explode, dealing 20% weapon damage as holy to enemies within 3 yards.
- Shackle - Enemies hit by the chains have a 20% chance to be rooted in place for 1 second.
- Surge - The range is increased to 30 yards.
- Reaping - Your Life per second is increased by 453 for every enemy hit by the chains for 2 seconds. This effect can stack up to 4 times.
- Shared Fate - The chains bind those they hit, causing them to share one another's fate. 100% of the damage done to any bound enemy is also dealt to all other bound enemies.
- Justice - Generate: 8 Wrath Per Attack; Hurl a hammer of Justice at your enemies, dealing 120% weapon damage.
- Burst - The hammer is charged with lightning and explodes on impact, dealing 25% weapon damage as Lightning to all enemies within 10 yards.Enemies caught in the explosion have a 20% chance to be stunned for 1 second.
- Crack - When the hammer hits an enemy, there is an 80% chance it will crack into 2 smaller hammers which fly out and deal 120% weapon damage as Holy.
- Hammer of Pursuit - The hammer will now seek out nearby targets and deal 155% weapon damage.
- Sword of Justice - Whenever your sword hits an enemy your movement speed is increased by 2% for 3 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times.
- Holy Bolt - Throw a bolt of holy power, healing you and your allies for 604-906 Life whenever the bolt hits an enemy.
- Fervor - When an enemy dies within 15 yards, you gain 10% attack speed for 3 seconds.
- Heavenly Strength - You can wield a two-handed weapon in your main hand while bearing a shield in your off hand. Your maximum movement speed is reduced by 10%
- Vigilant - Increase Life regeneration by 755. Reduce all non-physical damage taken by 5%.
- Fanaticism - Your primary skills generate an additional 3 wrath.
- Insurmountable - When surrounded by 4 or more enemies within 12 yards, your block amount is increased by 30%. Block amount is granted by shields.
- Nephalem Majesty - Increase the duration of Nephalem Glory by 30 seconds.
- Indestructible - Gain 1% armor for every 3% of Life missing.
- Holy Cause - The amount of Holy damage dealt by your weapon is increased by 10%. Whenever you deal Holy damage, you heal 1% of your total life.
- Divine Fortress - Your armor is increased by your shield's block chance.
- Wrathful - Gain 50% Wrath regeneration for 3 seconds when you successfully block.
- Lord Commander - The cooldown of Steed Charge is reduced by 5 seconds and Bombardment by 20 seconds. Damage dealt by Phalanx is increased by 20%.
- Hold Your Ground - You can no longer dodge but your block chance is increased by 15%.
- Long Arm of the Law - Increase the duration of the active effect of all Laws by 5 seconds.
- Iron Maiden - Gain 48966 Thorns.
- Renewal - Whenever you successfully block, you gain 4528 Life.
- Finery - Gain 65 resistance to all elements for every different color gem socketed into your gear. If you have 5 different color gems socketed into your gear, you gain another 65 resistance to all elements.
- Blunt - Damage dealt by Justice and Blessed Hammer is increased by 20%.
- Towering Shield - Gain 2% Block Chance every second. This bonus is reset one second after you successfully block an attack.
"A Slew of Changes" on the Way
Something that we were guessing but couldn't be sure is that there are going to be major changes made before the beta has ended. Nevalistis confirmed those suspicious with a rather detailed post.
[blizzquote author='Blizzard' blue='http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/281964-blue-will-we-see-any-more-large-changes-additions/#post2' battle='http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10703970369#2']There are a slew of changes happening both behind the scenes right now as well as coming down the pipeline. Some of these changes are able to be implemented via hotfixes on the current Beta while others will take a patch to issue.
will you actually be making any more major additions or changes to endgame like bounties etc.
Bounties are definitely a little too... bountiful at the moment. We have changes recently hotfixed on the Friends & Family Beta to tone down Bounty rewards and increase Nephalem Rift rewards.
Right now it just seems like everyone can just beat the game in a couple days and then there's really no incentive to keep playing since loot rains down from the sky and makes the difficulties obsolete since they're just a gearcheck anyway and not actually harder in terms of like, increasing monster speed or AoE range or aggression or adding hard-mode affixes.
The current legendary acquisition rate is higher than planned for launch. We will continue to tune this to arrive at an ideal reward rate, but in the meantime it allows our beta testers to get their hands on a variety of items for testing purposes.
Also consider that Bounties are compounding this issue a bit. With the changes I mentioned above regarding reduction in rewards, this should become a bit less of an issue.
TLDR: It's Beta! Lots is subject to change, and we're not done yet.
The Present and Future of Crushing Blow
[blizzquote author='Blizzard' blue='http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/281817-crushing-blow-makes-damage-obsolete/#post5' battle='http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8783708551#5']We are in a super early beta testing phase right now, and there are still lots of things that need tuning and also bugs that need fixing.
The developers intentions with Crushing Blow is for it to be competitive with stats like Increased Attack Speed, Critical Hit Chance, or Critical Hit Damage, but obviously it will need some tuning if it clearly trumps all of those other stats.
We are of course interested in reading more of your thoughts on Crushing Blow, so please keep posting your feedback on it :-)
Currently, a Crushing Blow hits for 25% health against normal monsters, for 12.5% health against elites, and it will hit for 5% health against bosses after the next beta patch has launched.
Keeping in mind that Crushing Blow is subject to changes and tuning since it has to compete with other stats (Increased Attack Speed, Critical Hit Chance, and Critical Hit Damage), what are your thoughts on these percentages?
Nephalem Rifts Suggestions
There is a great topic on the Official Forums about how Nephalem Rifts can be made more random and entertaining. We would very much like to know what you, DiabloFans users, think about those ideas and what your ideas on Nephalem Rifts changes are. Go ahead and pour your creativity in the comments!
[blizzquote author='Blizzard' blue='http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/281820-rifts-feedback-ideas-please-do-your-input/' battle='http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8783708728#1']Currently every single rift is "same" Kill stuff, spawn boss, kill boss. There is no real challenge to it, there is no real fun in repeating same thing over and over, sure they got rid of generic an repetitive areas. But now they made another generic and rather boring thing as mentioned above it's boring and too repetitive, you basically do same thing all the time. Do you really think this will give life to end game? I highly doubt it will, Rifts and Nephalem trials should be pure end game, a place where you can test your crazy builds, a place where you should be challenged (instead of facerolling all rifts on Torment VI with less than 800k dps- which is fairly easy to achive inside of 4 hours of gameplay at lvl 70)
Aight here are some ideas...
What you could and should do is give us option to enhance each Rift.
What I was thinking.
-Give mystic ability to enchant Rift map
-obviously you would need reagents plus some kind of currency be it gold or blood shards.
- It would be RNG based enchant:
-Could spawn more rare monsters
-Stronger rift guardians
-unique bosses with insane random magic property
-maybe even unique properties such as "increased magic find per instance level"
-more dungeon levels
-higher monster density
-Reduced monster density (Yes, you heard it right, reduced, but hold your horses!), but more champion monster population (this way single target dps builds would actually work within some Rifts!)
-monsters will deal higher damage
-monsters are ressistant to specific school of magic or maybe physical ressistance levels
-monsters with unique curse type.
Something... anything- that should make this system more fun.
As in current state I'm sorry but I won't even pay a cent for RoS, because it doesn't have anything to it, it's same old stuff just with random maps.
Josh you and your team are missing main point with ARPG/Hack and Slash games. First they are not MMO's no one cares if some one is casual or hardcore. People want to be challenged, people want to make unique builds and test it inside of Hard content.
Points above are reasons why every one plays H'n'S games, not because you can faceroll everything after few hours of gameplay.
Please post your ideas below, I'm really looking forward to see what community can come up with.
I do realise this is early beta phase, and I also do know that Blizzard is tied to launch product that is either buged, not optimized, and also whats in beta usually goes live. This is not a direct insult to Blizzard it's facts from the past. So before you act again as a kid who lost his first candy listen to your community, we just want to have game that is actually playable for longer than two weeks. One year we have been giving alot of feedback what we want for RoS and almost nothing went into it, only randomized dungeon levels, but we did mention we want to be able to enchant each map, we want to be challenged.
Take Adria fight as instance, thats how all fights should work in randomized enviroment.
Some ideas made by Xel and Kongor:
Endless rifts with a ladder system: Instead of limiting the length of rifts, let us compete with each other at how far we can progress. Imagine trying to beat a rift record with your party or solo, you would need to outsmart other players (their choices for heroes, items and skills) to be able to defeat these overly powerful monsters and bosses. Watching professional players attempt to break the records would definitely increase the media value of this game, to a point where Diablo 3 could even become a competitive e-sport.
Ability to modify, trade and challenge people to complete rifts: Inspired by the suggestion by KingKongo, allow us to truly customize the maps we play in a way that enables infinite outcomes and keeps the game interesting. Make it possible to add an unlimited amount of affixes to a rift that combined produce a completely unique map. Let there be penalties like decreased ms/as, buffs like 200% increased stun duration, oddities like having your resource and HP pool swapped, and of course awesome rewards, the options are limitless!
Moreover, let us trade these maps and challenge our friends to compete in them.
Few ideas I picked from Dannyboi :P! Ohhh, am so shady.... Yeah I didn't laugh either...
Anyway here are some he listed.
-potions do not work
-cant leech life from monsters
- % xp from monsters
-% increase monster life
- monsters can leech life
- can spawn multiple rift guardians
- monsters regen life
- minus player resistance
-life rengen dose not work
- champion affix increase
-rare affix increase
Although I do not have any new information to share on the topic of Nephalem Rifts right now, I do find this to be an interesting thread, hence the blue-tag :-)
Please post your ideas below, I'm really looking forward to see what community can come up with.
This! And even if you do not have any ideas, you are more than welcome to simply post your feedback on the current iteration of Nephalem Rifts like Balthezore did above :-)