Console Version of Diablo 3: Offline Play, No RMAH, Not Exclusive to Sony
An interview with game designer Joshua Mosqueira popped up on Penny Arcade in which he explains that Diablo 3 is "not necessarily exclusive to Sony". Here's an excerpt from the interview, or you can view it in its entirety here.
There was some question about the offline play of the game, something that’s impossible in the PC version of Diablo 3. It was confirmed to me that the game will be playable offline on the PlayStation 3.
Which leads to some other changes, namely the removal of the real money auction house. “The ecosystems on the PC and console are very different,” Mosqueira explained. “There were some technical reasons we had to go with offline, but again once you have an offline experience, even if we wanted to bring in the auction house, it just becomes problematic. How do you validate? How do you make sure there is no duping or any of that stuff?”
Hands On Console Gameplay
IGN posted a video where Senior Designer Mathew Berger shows how the game plays on the PS3. Here's also a quick summary of what has changed:
- The camera is more zoomed in.
- Boss battles have been changed up a bit to make for a more console feel.
- All classes appear to have a new dodge button.
- Fewer items drop but they're of greater quality.
- A small overall statistic of the item you loot shows up on the left of the screen, comparing it to what you currently have equipped and letting you equip the new item straight away if you so desire.
- Everything up to patch 1.0.7 is already in the game.
There is one more video that almost overlaps the one we posted earlier, but also shows a bit more of the game's UI.
And finally here is a picture of the controls posted on Facebook.