Salvaging the Hellfire Rings, Lylirra on Various Things, Stash Icons, Bonus Blizzard Comic Contest Entry

Salvaging the Hellfire Rings
According to Lylirra, the Hellfire Ring might be allowed to be salvaged into something else.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

We know some players may not always agree with how the game designed, or why some changes are made. It's not worth lying or purposely misrepresenting information, though.
As for Hellfire Rings, we didn't want a single item to be a source of Brimstone farming. Even so, we're currently evaluating what else we might allow the rings to salvage into.




Lylirra on Various Things
Lylirra continued her explanations from yesterday on how Community Managers are indeed also gamers and play Diablo 3 excessively. She also gives some details on various topics.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

We're community managers, not developers or testers. Our job is to relay community feedback to the developers, ensure that they're aware of the latest trends and hot topics, be a voice/advocate for the player whenever possible, and (in return) communicate information from the development team back to you. There are a myriad of other responsibilities, too, but those are the big ones.

Whether or not we're "noobs" in your mind is irrelevant to our ability to perform our jobs well.

1- How come defeating KEYWARDEN in INFERNO Lvl 60 above with 5 stack nephalem yet no drop key item? Been many rounds on respective location but nothing was given.
What Monster Power level are you playing on, out of curiosity? At No Monster Power, both the keys and the demonic organs have a 5% chance to drop. At MP1, that chance goes up to 10%, and then it will increase by another 10% for each additional MP level.

We're unaware of any bugs with key/organ drops (we've been keeping a close eye on that), and if you take a look at these forums players are seeing key drops all the time. It's possible it's just a streak of bad luck, you know?

In fact, I've been having similar problems with the Act II keywarden myself; he's being a big jerk and won't deliver. /shakes fist

2- Everybody Loves SHen - "Victory" with unachievable even been through many times defeating Diablo. I constant chat with him to ensure the achievement are in sequence and according...yet nothing. WHY?
It's a bug. :(

For example , do you really feel the wrath of Reflect Damage?
I don't personally have a problem with the affix. It's not my favorite, but I've learned how to deal with those Elite packs and I've got gear that supports it.

My personal experiences don't represent all players, though. And that's a very important realization when it comes to being a community manager. While knowledge and awareness of the game is critical (since it provides context to the feedback we're seeing), we can't let our own opinions bias what we pass on to the development team. We can politely disagree, of course, but we keep that to ourselves. :)

Our goal is to pass along information to the developers that will allow them to make informed decisions -- ones that they feel will benefit the long-term health of the game -- not further our own personal agendas as players of Diablo III.

(That said, I think the changes we're considering to Reflects Damage are super interesting, and I'd love to see how they might be implemented.)

I simply want to point out that CMs need to play the game extensively to be an effective advocate for players.
We do. Quite a bit. We even make sure that we play together weekly during scheduled sessions. We may not all be Paragon 100 or have 80k+ Elite kills to each of our characters' names, but we're still experienced gamers and go out of our way to contextualize the feedback we see on a day-to-day basis.

As for your example, that was information provided directly from the developers, not something based in personal opinion.

The first thing he says completly ruins his point of it not being as big a deal as people are making it out to be.
No. I'm saying that just because my personal experience has been different doesn't mean that feedback regarding the difficulty of Reflects Damage is any less valid. Please read the whole post and try to understand its context. =/




Stash Icons
It seems some players still don't know you can customize your stash icons. As Lylirra said in her post, you can check out the icons in our 1.0.5 datamined post.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

It was in the patch notes for 1.0.5, and a number of our fan sites posted about the change too (complete with images!), but it's possible some players may not know about it yet. While it's a nice perk, it's not something that really comes up a lot during normal game play.

We should be able to change five of them it appears.
That was a change made long ago during beta: http://us.battle.net...ic/3967947405#5
We're still open to the idea of increasing stash space in the future, though.

Link doesn't work lady
Derp. That's probably because the beta forums are hidden these days. My bad, my bad. =/
Here's the link's text in full (just for you, because I like you): (Link)





Bonus Blizzard Comic Contest Entry

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

We challenged you to submit your comic creations to the Blizzard Comic Contest, and your entries never fail to amuse and amaze us. The following comic from Shane Freake was selected as an honorable mention in our ongoing contest.

Keep those comics coming, and you might be the next artist to take home a prize! Also, be sure to set aside some time to check out our Warcraft and StarCraft comic sections.

Comments

  • #1 kilo56
    Pfff Nobody cares about brimstones anyway. They are so useless since crafting sucks right now due to MP1 making lvl 58-62 rolls 63 affixes in act 1/2 and any mp for act 3/4 will roll 63 affixes on everything.

    just make hellfires have a very very small chance of salvaging into a random organ. Problem solved.
  • #2 Molster
    Quote from kilo56

    Pfff Nobody cares about brimstones anyway. They are so useless since crafting sucks right now due to MP1 making lvl 58-62 rolls 63 affixes in act 1/2 and any mp for act 3/4 will roll 63 affixes on everything.

    just make hellfires have a very very small chance of salvaging into a random organ. Problem solved.


    "Nobody cares about brimstones"!? WUT, if it wasn't for brimstones, people couldn't make stuff like this on youtube


    :P
  • #3 egg3rs
    lolz, that was pretty good ^
  • #4 Mike-T
    Well. I really don't know why you won't make them salvage into brimstones. The only purpose on killing Ubers is, to get that freaking ring, and when you have a decent ring, then what? I have a decent one at the moment, and I'm actually bored of those ubers allready, and think XP farming is a lot more fun and giving tbh. And brimstones are worthless at the moment, except if you want to make lightshows apparently :P
  • #5 phatosen
    They should make Hellfire Rings salvage into Hellstone, and have exceptionally rare (and uber awesome) plans that require these materials.
  • #6 Jaris7
    It would be nice to have a chance for one of organs to drop from salvaging hellfire ring
  • #7 Maerlimi
    Kick Jay Wilson and company. Get a better development team. Them proceed to make d3 the game it should be.
  • #8 kroolik
    Will Diablo 3 be the first game to have an expansion released before leaving a paid beta test stage? For me, constant mechanics changes (sometimes drastical), unintentional damage increases mean that the development team is not prepared to release the game for the player base. (Did you know that items with level req affix DID salavage into the lower level's materials before 1.0.5 as opposed to whats stated in the patch notes?)
  • #9 provocator
    I bet the're going to give additional stash tabs in future xpac...
  • #10 Gnackwatschn
    Quote from phatosen

    They should make Hellfire Rings salvage into Hellstone, and have exceptionally rare (and uber awesome) plans that require these materials.

    thats an uber awesome idea


    and ... nice comic :> very funny
  • #11 Gnackwatschn
    Quote from Molster

    Quote from kilo56

    Pfff Nobody cares about brimstones anyway. They are so useless since crafting sucks right now due to MP1 making lvl 58-62 rolls 63 affixes in act 1/2 and any mp for act 3/4 will roll 63 affixes on everything.

    just make hellfires have a very very small chance of salvaging into a random organ. Problem solved.


    "Nobody cares about brimstones"!? WUT, if it wasn't for brimstones, people couldn't make stuff like this on youtube


    :P


    oh man .. a disconnect would be devastating here ^^
  • #12 Tankor
    interesting didnt know about the icons
  • #13 Rakka
    lol the comic its funny....maybe when you salvage the ring it should give you 75% chance of giving you a key based on the act you are in and a 25% for a random organ
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Reply
Clear All Quotes