Patch 1.0.5 Recap
Patch 1.0.5 is drawing closer and closer and with it come lots and lots of changes and new additions to Diablo III. We've compiled a nice list of all of them for your viewing pleasure.
- The Infernal Machine
- The Hellfire Ring
- Monster Power Levels
- Crowd Contorl Changes
- Quality of Life Changes
- Official Patch Notes
The Infernal Machine
- The Infernal Machine is a device that will allow level-60 players to battle "uber" versions of some of Sanctuary's most nefarious bosses. While the rewards for defeating these bosses will be great, some assembly is required. (Source)
- In order the craft the Infernal Machine players will have to find 4 things - 3 keys and the Blacksmith plans to combine them. (Check below for locations)
- When the Infernal Machine is crafted, players will have to go to New Tristram, where a new house is open for them - The Heretic's Abode. Inside it the portal can be opened to enter the new Uber world.
- The Infernal Machine can only open 1 portal at a time. Once used, you will need to collect the three keys again. (Not the plan)
- The keys will never drop unless you have 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor.
- At Monster Power 10, (and 5 stacks NV) the key will have a 100% Chance to drop (Source)
- The bosses can drop powerful loot, including one of three parts needed for the Hellfire ring.
- The Realm of Discord - The King of the Dead (Leroic) and The Merciless Witch (Maghda). Chance of dropping the Writhing Spine
- The Realm of Turmoil - The Savage Behemoth (Siege Breaker) and The Undying One (Zoltun Kulle), Chance of dropping The Vengful Eye
- The Realm of Chaos - The Foul Desecrator (Ghom) and The Vile Executioner (Rakanoth). Chance of dropping the Devil's Fang
Act 1 - Key of Destruction
Location: Act 1 - in the Fields of Misery
Monster: Found on a Goat Mutant called Odeg the Keywarden
Attacks: Apart from his basic Goat Mutant abilities Odeg is a Jailor and uses a triple-fireball attack.
Act 2 - Key of Hate
Location: Act 2 - Dahlgur Oasis
Monster: Dune Dervish named Sokhar the Keywarden
Attacks: Sokhar has the abilities Mortar, Missile Dampening and Electrified.
Act 3 - Key of Terror
Location: Act 3 - Stonefort
Monster: Morlu Spellcaster named Xah'Rith the Keywarden
Attacks: Replaces Meteor skill so that it uses zombies; slows enemies and is an Illusionist.
Act 4 - Plan: Infernal Machine
Location: Act 4 - Silver Spire level 1
Monster: Terror Demon by the name of Nekarat the Keywarden
Attacks: Normal Terror Demon Curse, area of effect fire damage over time attack, Knockback and Jailor.
The Hellfire Ring
With the introduction of the Infernal Machine, a new legendary ring was also introduced: The Hellfire Ring.
- The Design itself is obtained from Squirt the Paddler in Act 2.
- The components of the design require you to use the new Infernal Machine and obtain a legendary ingredient from each of the three possible worlds explained previously in this guide.
- The ring is the first Bind on Account item (armor) in the game.
- The ring will cost 50 000 gold to craft.
- There are four versions of the ring:
- 170-200 Str/Int/Dex/Vit
- Increases Bonus Experience by 35%
- 4 Random Properties
- Chance to launch an explosive ball of Hellfire when you attack
- 170-200 Str/Int/Dex/Vit
- When the ring first hit the PTR it did "massive damage". This turned out to be a bug. (Source)
- In order for the components to drop, you will need 5 stacks of NV. For each level of MP, the chance also increases by 10% (Source)
- Writhing Spine is acquired by defeating the bosses in the Realm of Discord
- Vengeful Eye is acquired by defeating the bosses in the Realm of Turmoil
- Devil's Fang is acquired by defeating the bosses in the Realm of Chaos
Patch 1.0.5 brings yet another favorite of many Diablo 2 fans - the famous "/players x" command, which has been renamed and reworked into Monster Power. The way the mechanic works is that there will be a new option on the Quest Selection screen, where with a drop down list you choose the difficulty of the monsters in a scale of 10. The bigger the number - the tougher the monsters, and also the greater the reward.
- MP 2-3 will be equal to current difficultly in patch 1.0.4
- at MP1 all monsters are now equal in difficulty throughout all 4 acts (this means the same ilvl drop chance)
- Ilvl 61: 27.1%
- Ilvl 62: 21.7%
- Ilvl 63: 16.3%
- Ilvl 61: 27.1%
- With each point of MP, a chance to get a second item per kill also raises up till 100% chance at an item on kill at MP10 (Source and more info)
- Monster Power Level will not work in Public Games (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
- To enable MP, open up the Game Menu, click the Options button, and then click the Gameplay tab. You'll see the Enable Monster Power Selection box on the right side of the screen -- check that, and then click Accept.
- You can only select MP while selecting a quest, you can not change it ingame.
- Each MP level increases you MF, GF and EXP.
- Each MP level increases the % of monster damage and health.
- Check the official blog link below to see charts for how much each MP level increases various stats.
Crowd Control Changes
In patch 1.0.5 a great deal of CC changes will be heading our way.
- Monsters have a "CC resistance" that is stored on a per-monster basis.
- The CC resistance starts at 0%. For every 1 second CC that is applied to the monster, it receives 10% CC resistance.
- In Inferno, elite CC cap is 65% (Check Official Post for Other %'s)
- Monsters lose 10% of their CC resistance every second that they are not CC’d.
- From a high level, diminishing returns are applied on consecutive stuns to reduce their effectiveness.
- Snares reduction on elites changed - Inferno example: 40% to 25%
- Players will never get an "Immune" message due to diminishing returns.
- Diminishing returns on Elite monsters cap out at the same values that are currently applied to Elite reductions. This means that near-infinite CC strategies will still work
- If two players are in a co-op game, the order in which they apply their stuns doesn't generally matter
- For a lot more information and examples, check the official blog post below!
Quality Of Life Changes
With 1.0.5 Blizzard also introduces a lot of quality of life changes, that many players might have missed. Here is a list of some of them.
- The chance for Legendary and set items to drop has been doubled
- Environment objects like tiles and corpses will benefit from both iLvl and mLvl changes. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
- Added the ability to reorder heros' spots in the character selection screen
- Added lots of options to recolor anything in the chat, as well as adjust the font size
- Added the ability to display Auction House events
- Reorganized the Banner interface, categorizing it greatly
- Identifying Rare items cast time has been reduced to 1 second, but for Legendary items has been increased to 4
- Crafting materials now stack to 500
- Crafting reagents can now be converted up to the next highest level at the Blacksmith at a ratio of 10:1
- Items below iLevel 58 no longer drop in Inferno difficulty
- Rings and amulets can now roll ilvl 63 stats
- Extra Health from Globes now also affects potions
- Treasure Goblins will now play a sound whenever they become aware of a player
- Lots of class defensive skills have had their effectiveness reduced, in order to be more in tune with the newly lowered monster damage across the entirety of Inferno
- Many bugs have been fixed, including the correct spawning of some Rare/Champion monsters required for completing certain achievements
- Many many many more changes, there are just to many to list them all, check the official notes for a full list.
Official Patch Notes
Blizzard has been updating the PTR Patch notes every time a patch has gone up, and the patch notes should be up to date. Check them out in the link below for catch the many other changes that just could not fit in this post such as class changes! (Updated with final notes now)