11/24/2013 1:03:38 AM
I thought I saw them being used to level up the blacksmith or the enchanter?Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
11/24/2013 12:47:22 AM
Does anyone know if the following crafting mats have a use in RoS?Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
1. Tomes of Secrets?
2. Demonic Essences?
3. Fiery Brimstone's?
4. Iridescent Tears?
11/13/2013 6:26:21 AM
Nobody has 10 friendsPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
11/13/2013 3:33:16 AM
Open trading is clearly not on their agenda, I was coming up with an in between measurePosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
11/13/2013 3:02:38 AM
So the hot topic of the moment is trading. Some people are quite upset even at this early stage of RoS development. Here is an example:Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
"Legendaries untradeable just so other people feels great? What the ****. I play with my best friend and sometimes I play more than him, sometimes he plays when I dont. Am I supposed to call him when hes ond ate with his girlfriend, to log on some pc “cause man I got that legendary monkfist for you hurry we got 20 min” Who made this ****ed up concept? And what for? So chinese cant trade legendaries on their site? WHo gives a ****? Let people buy their legendaries , people buy sex, guns lol at buying legendaries being serious problem or anything. Sorry for the grammar. But this, this..it killed the last thing diablo had for me."
So I thought I would try and solve this particular problem, here goes:
It's called "Best Friends".
Everyone gets to nominate 5 people from their friends list as best friends. All 5 are selected at once. Once nominated this will be locked for 3 months. When the 3 months comes around you will be able to reallocate your 5 best friends again.
You can trade anything at anytime with your best friends. Nothing better than sharing the love...
Another idea is trading in clans. Maybe they could allow unlimited item trading in clans but just limit the number of trades to say 1-2 per week. Enough time to let everyone know you have something and small enough that exploiting would be reduced somewhat.
10/26/2013 12:19:46 PM
While I can appreciate my post being ripped to shreds, health discussion is what its all about in my book, please don't make sweeping statements like "nobody wants to do quest lines in Diablo III". I do and plenty of other people do to.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
What I am trying to throw around are ideas for endgame. If mine are crap please replace them with some of your own which are better. I am not overly keen on trading and am looking forward to enforced self found but I included it because some players live for it.
If you have an idea for endgame throw it in the mix, maybe it will get some traction and a blue will see it and pass it on. Its happened with color beams
10/26/2013 6:23:31 AM
Hi Solmyr77, thanks for the reply and restoring my faith.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
2. I was stealing from Starcraft but anyway, I will steal from anywhere to come up with ideas My thought was not to force anyone to do a specific act but to reward people for spending time in an act and helping that community in the war effort. So much / nearly all of the game is the item hunt, what happens when you get your gear to within 5% of top shelf and it takes months to get any upgrades for your characters. This is when having other things to do comes into play IMO.
7. People love to show off their gear and it is a lot easier I find to interact with something when you can see their avatar on the screen rather than a text box. Also I think it would enhance the trading aspects of the game now that the AH is going, maybe you could if the area was big enough have a little trade stall where you could show off 5 items to trade. Just a few ideas...
I guess my general idea is that people spend a lot of time playing this game and the item hunt hits a wall at some point and we need to come up with ideas for that stage of the game to keep people involved in the community.
10/26/2013 3:46:27 AM
What have I done wrong with the post?Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Have I posted it in the wrong location or tagged it incorrectly? Did I post at the wrong time of day?
I don't get it, someone posts a posts saying 'Hi I am new' and they get multiple replies, I post war and piece and I don't get a single reply?
Is the D3 community that hard to touch base with or do people not read anything longer than a single line?
10/25/2013 7:52:53 PM
There is a lot of attention at the moment about Para 2.0 and loot 2.0 but I wanted to talk about a few other things I feel would improve the end game even if it is only in a small way, here goes. Sorry in advance for lack of graphics and the wall of text.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
1. Crafting. The AH is being removed and players have raised concerns that they will never be able to find the correct affix on say a Stone of Jordon (SoJ) to benefit a build they are trying to make. Maybe if you had a SoJ which did nothing for your character (say say spirit regeneration if you are a Barb) you could give it to the jeweller and he would then be able to learn the design. Once learned you would have two options:
1. Craft a SoJ with the same affix - spirit regeneration , maybe you will level a monk one day.
2. Craft a random SoJ which could have a Barb specific affix that you could use.
Once a random SoJ is created the jeweller would then be able to design two specific SoJs and also still have the random option. So over time and lots and lots of mats later you would be that much closer to getting the random affix that you were after. If you are lucky you would get it quickly if you were unlucky you would have to work your ass off for all the mats but eventually you would get one. This could also be used on the blacksmith for items that have a vast possibility of affixes.
2. Reputation. I think you should earn reputation for the locations you are assisting in the eternal battle, New Tristram -act 1, Caldeam act 2 , Bastion's Keep act 3 & 4 and West March act 5. As you kill monsters and complete quests you earn rep for that area. But if you earn rep for West March you lose rep Bastions Keep and vice visa, a small issue about West March saying there are no demons! As you reach a reputation level you get to choose between several enhancements for your character, ala Star Craft 2 skill system. https://www.google.c...ties%2F;592;320
Examples of some enhancements for a skill level might be:
Level 1 - % speed boost while in the specific act.
Level 1 - % boost treasure goblin encounters while in the specific act.
Level 1 - % increasing in gold from items sold to vendors while in the specific act.
Level 2 - % increase in chance of encountering shrines while in the specific act.
Level 2 - % decrease in repair costs from vendors while in the specific act.
Level 2 - % increase your followers health and damage while in the specific act.
So I might like to choose a speed boost and an increasing chance of encountering shrines. There is a lot of scope to add plenty of rewards for spending time in specific acts instead of just going to the act that grants the highest xp per hour. There are plenty of people out there that love grinding reputation - insane in the membrane anyone? And even if you are not a completionist or don't have vast amounts of time on your hands but you love a specific act it would be nice to get small rewards over time. Imagine having only 5 levels of reputation per location, it would still mean( 4x5x3) up to 60 different skills to choose between.
3. Quests quests quests. There are so many people randomly standing around in the towns and cities of Sanctuary who only add aesthetics to the game, let get them involved. There are so many lost or dead farmers, villages and soldiers surely they have loved ones they need them found etc. Jars ,logs, bookshelves etc etc lets use these to grant quests or at the very least be some part of quests. Give us long quest chains to increase our stash, a bigger stash is going to be needed now that the AH is gone and we are more or less playing self found.
4. Forged Legendary Weapons and Armour. Yep legendaries drop but in a 1000hrs of game play I have not found a legendary pattern, lets increase the drop rates a touch or myself and may others will not experience that element of game play. Speaking of legendaries give us some game changers yes yes it's been said before but I am talking about items like Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings http://www.wowwiki.com/Val%27anyr,_Hammer_of_Ancient_Kingsfrom Wrath of Lich King. E.G you do some amazing long quests for the blacksmith which produces a legendary pattern (see everyone can get one with effort not RNG). But once he has the pattern the idea is that it is in 20-30 pieces and you have to do more quests to combine the pieces in to a game changing item. Now to enhance this even more the item would be class specific and all the quests would change depending on the item you are trying to create. This way you give more reason for people to play their other characters and see the other quest lines.
5. Builds. Give a way to save builds so that we can quickly change between build a, b or c. With improvements in loot there are going to be more builds to discover. If like me you are trying all 6 classes and they have 3-4 different builds each it's hard to keep track of the specific builds you like when you want to try a few. I don't want to have to go online to remember my throw barb build then my HoTA build they my best combo rend build etc.
6. Followers. In RoS there will be six character classes with 3 followers each that's 18 different followers. When we hit max level with each of our followers can you reduce them to 3 per account. Trying to manage and move their gear is not adding anything to the game IMO.
7. Character Game Modes.
A.) Character Hub. Can we have a specific game mode where all our characters appear in a location together, software mode and hardcore mode separated of course. It would be so much easier to manage all your gear, stash and crafting if all your characters where in one spot in game and you could quickly take control of them instead of creating endless games to switch between them.
B.) Player Hub. I know it has been mentioned before but it would change this game in a massive way with the introduction of Transmogrification. Create a player hub at a random location, let's call it the adventure camp, up in the mountains somewhere. Nothing much is there may be just a large campfire and portals. It can have up to say 30-50 players in it at a time. You can look at other people gear, trade or start groups together. It would have portals to all the starting areas of the acts and to your player hub where you would go to craft and manage your stash. When you entered an act portal in a group or solo it would start up adventure mode in that act. It would give the game more of an MMO feel to it and a sense of community which the chat channels do not currently have.
8.Goblins. I have a puzzle ring equipped and often miss seeing the goblin, the trail of 2g stacks mocks me! The sound of a legendary drop is quite distinctive and a worthy addition, could you add a sound for the engagement of a treasure goblin, I am pretty sure he snickers when you first hit him maybe he could start doing that loudly when he first appears? Also maybe have different color goblins to represent what they may be carrying. A grey one might have a large stack of tomes of secrets, a rare green goblin would have a higher chance to drop a set item. A yellow one might drop demonic essences. etc etc. Maybe a super rare goblin is larger (big daddy) has more hit points runs faster and spawns normal goblins when you hit him, he keeps running you keep hitting him over time 5-10 goblins pop out and start running everywhere it would be mayhem!! Who do you kill where do you run?? Maybe you need to do an event to summon him or something and then it would be easier to get a group together for all the fun.
Sorry for the wall of text. I really like this game, I like reading about it, watching steamers and listening to podcasts about it and hope in a small way that I can contribute to its growth and fun.
Please add and discuss.
7/18/2013 7:55:34 AM
" So, if you'd have a pure upgrade system without any random effects, the gap between the rich and the poor (which is already incredible in D3) would get even bigger."Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
You lost me on this point, we are talking about a bind on account ring. So nobody is getting rich off of it.
Yes the higher geared players would be able to upgrade their ring quicker but it would give everyone the chance to see progress, +5 strength one week maybe +10 all resist a couple of weeks down the track.
I just think that monster power combined with the rng system is very harsh when it comes to all the effort you put in to completing the hellfire ring. x4 for the keys and the design then x3 for the uber organs based on middle ground of mp5 can still take a long time to complete a ring then on top of that you get the rng of the ring.
The D3 devs said they wanted to give players plenty of game play variation and I just thought this would be a way to entice players to keep at it in regard to the uber encounters.
Worst case scenario that I can see a lot of players get an amazing item, one off.
Best case scenario players log back into the game and start doing ubers again because they have a goal. They can see that their hard work is slowly improving their item which in turn helps them jump from mp5 to mp6 or 7. They have a reason to help their friends compete ubers for the first time because there would always be something in it for them.
I don't want the best item in the game handed to me nor do I want to buy it but if I had the chance to work towards it for the next 6months that would be something to look forward to.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.