- Tri-Realm RvR Only. Instead of being everything for everyone CSE is focusing on just the gamers that want the thrill of matching their wits against another human being. Team focused PvP will be the only way to progress. No 10 rats to kill or FedEx quests. A world with no creatures or NPCs though would be pretty boring so there will still be monsters and guards. And some of those monsters will need to be killed for crafting materials. So PvE will still be in the game, just not in the traditional Quest/Leveling sense. Beyond the three starting cities (one for each realm) all lands are contested.http://camelotunchai...-the-only-game/
- Crafter Class. CU will elevate the crafter from meer item generator to one of the main focuses of the game by actually having a crafting only class. All gear in the world will be player crafted (no loot drops) and customizable. Part engineer, part crafter - building traps for the enemy and constructing defenses on the battlefield. Crafters will also rebuild the world using Camelot Unchained's revolutionary Building System.http://camelotunchai...al-principle-7/
- Building System. Part Minecraft, part Lego, Camelot Unchained will employ the use of 'cells' as the building blocks of the world. This will allow for true free-form building or you can use prefabs to speed up the process. Buildings will take time to build and will also take time to destroy. All buildings constructed in contested lands can be destroyed, deconstructed, or captured by the enemy. Rebuilding won't be as painful however because CU will allow blueprints to be created once buildings are finished. Part 1: http://www.kickstart...ed/posts/460192
- Importance of Housing. Camelot Unchained is a post-apocalyptic world and needs to be rebuilt. Through the use of the Building System, players will be able to literally build entire towns, wall them off, and dwell in them for as long as the enemy permits. Use a blueprint or prefabs to quickly erect your house or go for complete customization using cells. How close to the enemy realm are you willing to build? Building in RvR zones means crafters in RvR zones - anyone up for a game of hunt the lonely crafter?
- The Depths. Dark Age of Camelot blew up the MMORPG scene with it's unique RvR focused dungeon, Darkness Falls. Camelot Unchained will see it's spiritual successor in The Depths. A single labyrinth/dungeon zone with legendary forges, points of power, and exotic resources. Amazing new gameplay concepts like tower defense style elements, remote viewing through medieval 'cameras', player controlled NPC monsters and bosses, all contained within a 'living' Giger'esk dungeon.
Part 2: http://www.kickstart...ed/posts/461225
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.c.../CityStateGames
Twitch Live Feeds: http://www.twitch.tv...ategames/videos
Unofficial Wiki: http://camelotunchai...t Unchained FAQ